Chapter 17: Pits of the Infernus part I

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson/Feedback
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Tia Ballard as Happy
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Dee Bradley Baker as Four Arms/Fasttrack/Upchuck/Diamondhead
Mark Hamill as Ghostfreak
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Patrick Seitz as Laxus Dreyar
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Jamie Marchi as Cana Alberona
Chris Pratt as Jet
Jennifer Hale as Amy
Bryce Papenbrooke as Clark
With Patrick Stewart as Liam Cryoson
———————————————————————————

It was morning. The sun was out and a few white, puffy clouds floated freely across the vast blue sky. The morning temperature was cool; however, since summertime was very close, the afternoon heat was expected to hit soon. For now, it felt very good to be outside in the town of Magnolia.

Ben Tennyson, the bearer of the Omnitrix, and savior of the universe, was walking down the stone streets of Magnolia. He was wearing his usual attire except his green hero jacket was draped over his back as he held the left sleeve with his right hand. Ben had taken off his jacket to enjoy the nice, cool temperatures the morning was offering.

The bearer of the Omnitrix was headed to the Fairy Tail Guild Hall, which was steadily coming along in its construction. As he walked, his mind was musing over the events that had taken place after he defeated Erza in battle yesterday. For some bizarre reason, a guild member he had never heard or seen before named Evergreen had come up to him, asking if he would accompany her and the Thunder Legion on a job. While at the same time, she flirted with him and made her interest in him as blunt as possible.

However, before the teen hero could muster up a coherent response, Erza had surprisingly stepped in and stated that he was going on a job with her! At that moment in time, Ben was utterly confused. He could clearly see between the facial expressions that Evergreen and Erza gave each other that they weren't exactly on good terms.

After Erza had dragged him off, Ben demanded an explanation. She replied that she was going on an S-Class job to save a village from volcanic demon attacks. Knowing how imprudent it would have been to go alone, she requested Ben's help. Knowing that peoples' lives were endangered and added to the fact that he needed money, he accepted her offer without hesitation.

Right after he did though, he was dragged off again by the redheaded warrior to help her pack her things for the trip. Needless to say, when Erza brought Ben into her room at Fairy Hills, he was dumbfounded by how much stuff she was taking.

'She can re-quip into dozens of super-powered armor suits and I believe she can also do the same with regular clothing.' Ben thought at the time. 'Why the hell does she need to bring all this crap!?'

While he was reluctantly packing her bags, he'd stumbled across a black leather book. Though Ben normally wouldn't do it, he decided to sneak a peek and see what kind of book it was. BAD MOVE! He didn't have to go past the first two pages before he realized what it was: a smut novel!

At the time, his eyes had bulged open while a trickle of blood fell from his nose. Thankfully, he put the book back before Erza noticed. Wanting to avoid uncovering something else embarrassing, he transformed into XLR8 and finished the job for both of them in a few seconds. Erza showed her gratitude at the time by slamming his head into her breastplate, making him blush and wince in pain.