Chapter 15: The Worst Malfunction

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Tia Ballard as Happy
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Dee Bradley Baker as Four Arms/Armodrillo/The Worst
Sonny Strait as Reedus Jonah
Jamie Marchi as Cana Alberona
Christopher R. Sabat as Elfman Strauss
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Chris Pratt as Jet
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Patrick Seitz as Laxus Dreyar
Brian Mathis as Macao Conbolt
Brina Palencia as Juvia Lockser
Kelsey Grammer as Joe Magtartus
Ron Perlman as Gordon Seismo
Clancy Brown as Henry
Troy Baker as Beelzebash
———————————————————————————
Two weeks had passed since Phantom Lord was defeated. In that time-span, a lot had transpired. After the battle, when everyone had gathered around the wrecked Guild Hall, Ben had offered to go Clockwork and repair it again. However, Makarov declined and even though he appreciated Ben's offer, he said it was 'time for a change'.

Almost immediately, Fairy Tail had gotten to work on building a new Guild Hall. Nonetheless, nearly a couple days after they started, the Rune Knights showed up. The Rune Knights was the army of the Magic Council, and the wizards of Fairy Tail knew that they would show up eventually. Natsu and Happy had tried to escape, but were easily captured.

The Rune Knights interrogated everyone; however, the longest person they questioned was Fairy Tail's own powerful shape-shifter, Ben Tennyson. The Knights had heard reports of a giant in Magnolia, firing an emerald beam at Phantom's headquarters. In addition, they knew absolutely nothing about Ben, only that he was a new member of the Guild and that he seemed to be a powerful Take-Over mage.

Makarov advised Ben it would be best not to lie to the Knights, but acceptable if he stretched said truth a bit. With that in mind, Ben gave the Knights what they wanted; only he didn't tell them the complete truth about himself.

When asked where he came from, Ben said he was from a village called Bellwood. He explained that the town was so small it wasn't really on any maps. When asked what magic he wielded, he told them he was a Take-Over wizard like what everyone else had been calling him. When asked why he left his town to join Fairy Tail, he said that he wanted to explore the world while also making a living. Fairy Tail was simply the first guild he came across that provided him this opportunity.

None of the responses he gave them were necessarily false. Ben just didn't tell them that he was from another universe and that he didn't use magic, rather absurdly-advanced technology. If he had, the Omnitrix wielder had a sneaking suspicion that they would think he was a lunatic and haul him off to an asylum.

Anyways, when the week of interrogation ended, Fairy Tail was called to Era, the headquarters of the Magic Council, to await trial. The level of anxiety everyone was experiencing was high. With just one order, the Magic Council could easily disband Fairy Tail.

Fortunately, in the end, Phantom Lord was deemed guilty and disbanded, and Master Jose was stripped of his rank as one of the Ten Wizard Saints. The Council announced that Fairy Tail's punishment would be decided at a later date, but that still didn't diminish everyone's excitement. After all, the evidence pointed straight to Phantom so no one really believed that the Council would punish Fairy Tail too severely.

A day after their trial, the Guild got back to work on constructing a new Guild Hall. However, for the Ultimate Team, something else came up that turned their attention away from building: Lucy had suddenly disappeared. When Ben, Natsu, Gray, Erza and Happy had gone to her apartment house, they discovered a note, saying,