Chapter 37: The Fighting Festival part II

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Tia Ballard as Happy
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Jamie Marchi as Cana Alberona
Brina Palencia as Juvia Lockser
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Brian Mathis as Macao Conbolt
Christopher R. Sabat as Elfman Strauss
Apphia Yu as Laki Olietta
Angela Chase as Bisca Mulan
Austin Tindle as Alzack Connell
Ryan Reynolds as Max Alfors
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Chris Pratt as Jet
David Wald as Gajeel Redfox
Patrick Seitz as Laxus Dreyar
John Burgmeier as Fried Justine
Andrew Kishino as Bickslow
Caitlin Glass as Evergreen
Dee Bradley Baker as Diamondhead
Kevin Michael Richardson as Blitzwolfer
———————————————————————————

Nearly an hour had passed since the Battle of Fairy Tail had begun. All over Magnolia, guild members were being forced to fight each other due to Freed's enchantments – which seemed all but unavoidable. One-by-one, more and more members fell; it wouldn't be long before the entire guild had defeated itself.

Currently, the otherworldly superhero was jogging down the street, a frustrated frown plastered on his face. 'So far it doesn't matter what I do. I can't seem to avoid these stupid enchantments.'

Ben had tried flying over town, trekking through the sewer system (as unpleasant as it was), and using Brainstorm in an attempt to predict where the next set of enchantments may be placed. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful and found no way to avoid the enclosures, giving him no option but to fight whoever he ended up being trapped with. Despite that, he made sure to end every single fight quickly and painlessly by utilizing Gutrot or Swampfire's knockout gasses.

Regardless, it didn't make him feel any better being forced to play along with Laxus's game.

Suddenly, a pile of wooden crates near an alleyway was smashed to pieces. Ben stopped as a cloud of dust hovered over the street. The dust quickly settled to reveal one of Ben's guildmates in a tight, black bodysuit leaping from the street to the roof of a building on the opposite side. If Ben remembered correctly, the man's name was Vijeeter.

"Hey! There's one of them now!" a man cried.

Up ahead was a coffee shop and three people were standing outside by the remains of their table, which had been smashed by the force of Vijeeter's landing. Understandably, they were not pleased at all.

"You punks better stop wrecking our town!" an old, bald man yelled angrily.

"The townspeople aren't getting caught in the enchantments... I guess this Freed guy made it so that the rules only apply to members of the guild." Ben presumed.

Ben was promptly snapped out of his musings when something crashed into one of the stands in front of him with a cloud of sand in its wake. As the sand dissipated, the brunette was slightly surprised to see Max lying in the pile of broken wood, unconscious and groaning.

"Max...?"

He was about to run over to check and see if he was okay until someone landed on the sidewalk close by.

The Omnitrix bearer turned to see Warren on one knee, breathing heavily. "I'm sorry Max...but I had no choi—"

Warren stopped mid-sentence when he lifted his head and saw Ben standing less than fifteen yards in front of him. The Telepathy Mage grimaced slightly as he promptly stood back up.