Chapter 28: Entrapment part IV - Cold Discomfort

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Ashley Johnson as Gwen Tennyson
Greg Cipes as Kevin Levin
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Tia Ballard as Happy
Jeff Bennet as Azmuth
Wilbur Penn as Sagittarius
Jeremy Inman as Taurus
Terri Doty as Virgo
Dee Bradley Baker as Humungousaur
Tara Strong as Young Ben/BenWolf
Meagan Smith as Young Gwen
Paul Eiding as Max Tennyson
Bettina Bush as Kai Green
Miguel Nájera as Wes Green
Richard McGonalge as Highbreed Supreme/Reinrassig III
Kevin Michael Richardson as Highbreed Commander
———————————————————————————
In a seemingly empty void, a humanoid obscured in shadows stood alone. Dark storm clouds rumbled above him as purple lightning flashed every so often, followed by the roar of thunder. The only accurate word to describe the scene was eerie.

The dark being stood in front of an amethyst sphere. However, it was not the sphere he was focusing his attention on. Currently, he was looking into a bright white orb hovering inches above his open right palm. It was projecting images of the Ultimate Team breaking free from the Entrapment's psychological attack and defeating the Ghostfreak avatar.

The cloaked individual frowned as he observed the scene. He finally had enough and threw the orb away, allowing it to dematerialize behind him.

"I will give these pests some credit. They are strong; however, that should be no surprise. They are from Fairy Tail, after all." The individual spat. Breaking free from the Entrapment's mind tricks was certainly an impressive feat, even if the spell wasn't focusing its full power on them.

He then glanced over to the purple sphere. "It appears that we'll need to step up our game. Fortunately, time is on our side. We only need to slow them down long enough for the spell to take full effect."

A sinister smirk soon returned to the unknown character's face. "Then, our work will be complete."

...

The Ultimate Team had finished witnessing Ben's first encounter with one of his most fearsome enemies, Ghostfreak. The group also had the pleasure of facing this adversary in battle. Even though the wizards had won in the end, they hoped they would not have to fight or see Ghostfreak again; at least not his true form, anyways.

When they passed through another gateway, the group was in another setting once more. They looked around to observe their surroundings. The four wizards and cat were now in the middle of an adobe village. The buildings were completely made out of dried dirt and wood. Needless to say, the group was quite confused.

"Where are we now?" Gray wondered.

"Why's everything made of dirt?" Natsu pondered, scratching his head.

"Yeah. I thought Ben's world was more advanced." Lucy added.

The group's confused reactions were reasonable. After catching a glimpse of how technologically advanced the cities in Ben's world were compared to Earthland, they didn't expect to find a community made of adobe.

"Not all places in Ben's world are as advanced as his home country. Some are either too poor for technology or simply choose to live without it." Azmuth explained who was sitting on Erza's left shoulder. "For example, this is a reservation for the Navajo people and this is how people of their culture prefer to live compared to Ben's culture."