Chapter 8: Galuna Island part V

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Tia Ballard as Happy
Jerry Jewell as Lyon Vastia
Chad Holbrook as Toby Horhorta
Lydia Mackay as Zalty/Ultear
Elias Taylorson as Bobo
Robert McCollum as Siegrain
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Chris Pratt as Jet
———————————————————————————

Galuna Island

Ben, Natsu, Gray, Lucy and Happy were all feeling ecstatic after defeating Lyon and his followers, not to mention stopping the resurrection of the super-demon, Deliora. However, their celebratory mood was immediately shattered by Erza's glare, which made everyone, including Ben, feel unsettled.

"Isn't there something you're all forgetting about?" Erza demanded, "You came to this island to help the villagers; the request was for you to return them to their original forms. This quest still isn't finished."

"Aw, man," Ben moaned, "can't it ever be easy?"

"But I don't understand." Lucy said. "The curse should've been lifted now that Deliora is dead."

"Wrong," Erza replied. "This curse you keep talking about never had anything to do with the demon. The villagers have been affected by the intense magical energy from the Moon Drip spell. In other words, Deliora's death isn't going to change their situation whatsoever."

"W-What? Oh no," Lucy's eyes had widened in realization as she placed a hand over her mouth in shock.

"Well, we better go and change them back." Natsu exclaimed happily.

"Aye sir!" Happy agreed as both exchanged high-fives.

"Yeah, but we don't know how." Gray said. Then, his face lit up as he got an idea. He turned to Lyon, who was leaning against a boulder behind him. He had taken off his body armor, leaving him in a blue jacket, black pants, and steel boots. "Lyon, do you know?"

"To be quite honest, I don't have a clue

"To be quite honest, I don't have a clue." Lyon answered impassively.

Natsu and Happy looked at him incredulously.

"You don't know?" asked Natsu.

"What?" Happy added in disbelief.

"Okay, something's not adding up." Ben remarked. "The villagers told us that the curse started around the same time you guys got here."

"When we first arrived here three years ago," Lyon explained, "we were aware that there was a village somewhere on this island. But we had absolutely no reason to communicate with the villagers, so we left them alone. They never came to the temple to see what we were up to."