Chapter 12: Phantom Lord part III

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Tia Ballard as Happy
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Brina Palencia as Juvia Lockser
Dee Bradley Baker as Waybig/Jetray
Jamie Marchi as Cana Alberona
Christopher R. Sabat as Elfman Strauss
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Chris Pratt as Jet
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Patrick Seitz as Laxus Dreyar
Brian Mathis as Macao Conbolt
David Wald as Gajeel Redfox
Chris Rager as Aria
Justin Cook as Totomaru
Tim Curry as Jose Porla
———————————————————————————

Inside the Fairy Tail guild hall, the majority of the guild was sitting at various benches and nursing the injuries sustained in the battle against Phantom Lord. The morale amongst most of the group was low, and why shouldn't it be? Makarov had been defeated and was very sick; in addition, they'd had to retreat from their fight with Phantom.

As Macao, Wakaba, and a few other mages crowded around a table in hopes of hacking up a plan for a counterattack, Ben, Natsu, Happy, Gray, Elfman and Lucy were by a wall. The latter was sitting on a barrel in dismay. The whole group had looks of thought plastered on their faces. Once Ben, Natsu, and Happy had arrived back at the guild, Lucy had told them how she was captured and why Phantom Lord had kidnapped her in the first place.

It turned out that Lucy was part of a very wealthy family; however, her father, who was her only living parent, cared little for her and she ran away because of it. But now, her dad had apparently hired Phantom Lord to bring her back to him. What Lucy and the others couldn't figure out was why.

Ben, who was leaning against the wall to the right of Lucy, glanced at the Celestial mage in concern. Since they'd rescued her from Phantom's clutches, she had been blaming herself for everything that had happened.

"Don't worry," Ben reassured. "We'll get him back for this." He was referring to Makarov.

That did little to help Lucy as her head sunk lower. "I know." She mumbled. "I'm not worried about that." She paused, appearing to be on the verge of crying again. "It's just...all my fault."

"Being targeted by powerful people is just one of the downsides of being rich," Elfman stated. He then smirked proudly. "At least you're protected by a real man like me."

Gray glowered back at him. "Hey! Would you give it a rest already!?"

"I gotta say I was pretty shocked when I heard the news." Happy confessed, standing in front of her. "Why'd you hide the truth from us, Lucy?"

"I wasn't trying to hide anything." She replied. "I mean, there's no way to bring up that I'm a runaway in casual conversation. I've been gone for nearly a year and my father hasn't cared. Now, all of a sudden, he wants to force me to come home? He's done all those horrible things just to bring me back. I hate his guts!"

Ben, along with the rest of the group, looked at the blonde mage with sympathy. The teen hero felt bad for Lucy. No father should treat their children like that.

"Still, if I hadn't run away in the first place none of this would have ever happened," Lucy stated dejectedly.

"Come on, don't be ridiculous," Elfman argued. "Your dad's the one to blame."