Chapter 9: Changeling

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Tia Ballard as Happy
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Jamie Marchi as Cana Alberona
Christopher R. Sabat as Elfman Strauss
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Chris Pratt as Jet
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Patrick Seitz as Laxus Dreyar
Brian Mathis as Macao Conbolt
Eric Vale as Loke
———————————————————————————

Magnolia

In the Fairy Tail Guild Hall, the newest member of the Guild, Ben Tennyson, was sitting at the bar. He was drinking a very fruity, non-alcoholic drink. The closest thing he could get to a smoothie in this universe. Inwardly, that confused the shape-shifting hero. There were all kinds of magic in this world, yet no one had ever invented the smoothie?

Inwardly shaking his head from that thought, Ben reminisced on recent events. Yesterday, he and Fairy Tail's strongest team had just arrived back from Galuna Island, and he was told the tragic truth to why he couldn't return home. Though Ben was really bummed that he probably wouldn't see his friends and family for a long time, he stayed positive; in fact, Ben had a gut feeling telling him that this is where he needed to be.

Back home, crime and evil was at an all-time low thanks to the Galvan supplying the Plumbers with new, highly-advanced weapons. His hero career had begun to die away, not that Ben minded. He was mature enough to know that was good, but with all his powers, what was the point in having them if he couldn't use them anymore? However, in this universe full of magic, there was always something bad going on. This was the perfect place for a superhero like Ben Tennyson to be.

Today, Ben had become an official member of Fairy Tail, and this morning he had had his mark "stamped" on him. The teen hero had the Fairy Tail symbol, which was green with a black outline, placed near his left upper arm, near his shoulder. But when Ben noticed that everyone's Guild mark was where it could be seen easily, he decided to have another stitched to his jacket. Mirajane kindly stitched a white Guild mark above the two stripes on his right jacket sleeve.

Currently, as Ben sat on a stool and sucked down his drink, near him were Wakaba, Elfman, Mirajane, Macao and Cana

Currently, as Ben sat on a stool and sucked down his drink, near him were Wakaba, Elfman, Mirajane, Macao and Cana. He was telling them the story of how he defeated the Highbreed; the adventure that made him famous throughout his universe.

"No way," Wakaba said.

Ben smirked. "Yes way."

"You saved your entire universe from these Highbreed?" Cana said in a stunned manner.