Chapter 29: Entrapment part V - The Conqueror Cometh

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson/Albedo
Ashley Johnson as Gwen Tennyson
Greg Cipes as Kevin Levin
Paul Eiding as Max Tennyson
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Tia Ballard as Happy
Jeff Bennet as Azmuth
Terri Doty as Virgo
Dee Bradley Baker as Jetray/Big Chill/Humungousaur/Chromastone/Diamondhead
Steve Blum as Psyphon
James Remar as Vilgax
———————————————————————————

As soon as the Ultimate Team had passed through the gateway, the fatigue and injuries they had sustained from their battle with the Highbreed and DNA armada had instantly vanished. Needless to say, the wizards and cat were quite surprised to have regained their full strength so quickly.

The team studied their surroundings to see that they were now in an open grassy area with trees, benches, and sidewalks situated around them. It was easy to deduce that they were in a park. What really caught their attention though were the enormous buildings made of steel and glass that towered around the park's perimeter on all sides.

"Wow..." Lucy awed, "seeing how big the cities in Ben's world never ceases to amaze me."

"Aye," Happy agreed.

Erza was silent as something else caught her eye, something the others had failed to notice yet. There appeared to be a transparent dome covering the entire park, cutting it off from the outside. Why was that there? What was its purpose?

"Are we in a park again?" Natsu griped. "This better not be another freaky dream."

"Natsu, will you-" the redheaded knight began to scold the Dragon Slayer until a flash interrupted her.

The group turned toward the source of the brief flash. It was seven-foot-tall white and black skinned humanoid with a fin on his head. His outfit consisted of a black and red robe covered in circuitry. He had black eye markings while his eyes were red with a black slit as a pupil. Grey spikes stuck out from his toes and hands.

The unknown arrival was standing atop of a slanted rock that protruded from the ground

"Who the heck is that guy?" Gray said.

"People of Earth," the being announced, "today's contest is being broadcast simultaneously on all information channels. Be forewarned, the Conqueror's Challenge is a courtesy. Vilgax's fleet is currently in orbit around this planet. Should your champion fail to show, Vilgax will declare victory and obliterate the Earth...as is his legal right."