Chapter 40: The Fantasia Parade

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson/Upgrade
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Tia Ballard as Happy
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Jamie Marchi as Cana Alberona
Brina Palencia as Juvia Lockser
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Brian Mathis as Macao Conbolt
Christopher R. Sabat as Elfman Strauss
Apphia Yu as Laki Olietta
Angela Chase as Bisca Mulan
Austin Tindle as Alzack Connell
Ryan Reynolds as Max Alfors
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Chris Pratt as Jet
David Wald as Gajeel Redfox
Patrick Seitz as Laxus Dreyar
John Burgmeier as Fried Justine
Andrew Kishino as Bickslow
Caitlin Glass as Evergreen
Dee Bradley Baker as Four Arms
Kelsey Grammer as Joe Magtartus
Ron Perlman as Gordon Seismo
Brian Blessed as John Magtartus
———————————————————————————

It was mid-evening in the town of Magnolia. Several hours had passed since the conclusion of the Battle of Fairy Tail. During that time frame, all of the wizards who had sustained injuries from the fighting and/or the Thunder Palace were amazingly back on their feet. Most of them would require a few days to fully recover though, and would therefore be unable to perform in the parade.

They were alive, nonetheless, and this fact had moderately surprised Ben. People from his world would most certainly have died after being struck by the Thunder Palace; however, not a single wizard had been killed. This only showed the teen hero that wizards in Earthland were more durable than he had previously assumed.

He wondered exactly what their physical limits could be.

However, even though nobody had died during the battle, there were still the consequences that the guild had to face. Less than an hour after Laxus's defeat, citizens had stormed the guild hall's courtyard and had angrily demanded an explanation for all the fighting and damages done across town; specifically, the Kardia Cathedral. Many of the guildmembers were unsure of how to handle the situation with Makarov currently in the infirmary.

Thankfully, Ben – who had transformed into Gravattack– stepped outside and confronted them. For some reason, Ben felt there was a calm nature to forms like Gravattack and Terraspin. Even though the townspeople were at first fearful of the rock monster's appearance, his tranquil presence was able to put them at ease.

He quelled their anger by stating that the guildmembers had been practicing for the parade and went a tad overboard in their excitement. Obviously, it was a lie but Gravattack believed the town didn't need to know that their lives had been threatened by Laxus and the Thunder Legion. Ignorance is bliss, after all.

Gravattack assured the townspeople that the guild would make it right to them via promising to repair damages and pay restitution, if necessary. This seemed to work as the people accepted his explanation and peacefully left. Needless to say, Erza and many other guildmembers were impressed with how Ben handled the situation.

Ben, on the other hand, was hoping that Makarov wouldn't be angry with him for technically speaking on his behalf while said guild master was out of commission. He was still a new member, after all. Erza, however, proudly assured him that the master would've given the same response under these circumstances.

Speaking of the master, everyone was currently residing in the guild hall, waiting for further news on Makarov's health. Porlyusica had arrived a few hours earlier to treat the master and her initial diagnosis was grim. His condition was critical and she feared he didn't have much time left.