Chapter 7: Galuna Island part IV

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Tia Ballard as Happy
Jerry Jewell as Lyon Vastia
Chad Holbrook as Toby Horhorta
Frank Welker as Zalty
Dee Bradley Baker as Armordrillo/Astrodactyl/NRG
Steve Blum as Heatblast

———————————————————————————

Ben Tennyson had been on the receiving end of glares from dozens, if not hundreds of people over the years, whether they were from Gwen because he did something stupid, or from one of his enemies because he did something to anger them. As a result, the glare he got from Erza Scarlet barely got more than mild concern from him.

'Though,' Ben thought to himself, 'the sword does raise that 'mild' to a 'moderate'.'

"Ben Tennyson," Erza said, not moving her blade from Ben's throat, "I do not care what your explanation is."

"Aww," Ben mock-whined, still trying to make light of the situation, "but it's such a good story!"

Lucy and Happy, the former sitting on the beach, tied up by Erza, the latter being held by his tail in her free hand, looked at each other incredulously. The mighty Erza had her sword at his neck, but Ben was still acting so carefree! Erza, on the other hand, didn't appear fazed in the slightest; instead, she gestured slightly with her sword.

"Come with me; we are going to get the others and go back to the guild." She then lowered her sword and began walking towards the village. Happy was still in her other hand while Lucy followed, though she had some trouble standing, since her upper body was tied up.

"Hey, wait a second," Ben protested, "Gray's hurt, and Natsu is still-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence as Erza whipped her sword around again, the blade pushed against his throat, her left eye blazing with fury while her right was concealed by her long hair. To the surprise of the Fairy Tail members, Ben didn't flinch.

"We can't leave." Ben said slowly, never breaking eye contact. "Gray is hurt, and I don't think he can be moved. Natsu is off in the jungle doing who-knows-what, there's an evil wizard who wants to resurrect a super-demon, and the villagers here have been living under a curse for three whole years.

"I'll go with you to the village to check on Gray, but I'm not leaving this island until these people can go outside without being afraid of turning into monsters, or being killed by wizards."

Slowly, the wrath in Erza's expression faded to a more neutral demeanor, and she lowered the sword again.

"I will wait until Gray is well enough to move," Erza declared, "and then I will gather Natsu and we will all leave this place. You are not a member of Fairy Tail, and thus I cannot order you to leave. However, it is dark out; for your own safety, I suggest that we do not go after Natsu until daybreak."

Erza hated it when someone defied her, but she knew that she didn't really have any authority over Ben, so the best she could do was try to keep him in one place, at least until she could come up with another way to convince him to leave the island.

Ben didn't want to admit it, but Erza was right; Natsu had told him that he had a plan, but he didn't know what the Dragon Slayer was going to do, nor where he was going and Ben knew that he wouldn't be able to help anyone by fumbling around in the dark.