Chapter 25: Entrapment part I - And Then There Were 5

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Tia Ballard as Happy
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Terri Doty as Virgo
Jeff Bennet as Azmuth
Tara Strong as Young Ben
Meagan Smith as Young Gwen
Paul Eiding as Max Tennyson
Steve Blum As Heatblast
Dee Bradley Baker as Kraab/Sixsix
With Zoë Wanamaker as Porlyusica
———————————————————————————

It's remarkable how quickly a situation can take a drastic turn. Sometimes it can be for the better, other times it can be for the worse. Unfortunately, for Ben Tennyson, bearer of the Omnitrix, it was the latter.

Thirty minutes prior, the Ultimate Team had returned from their vacation at Akane Resort. Though they had experienced some complications with the Tower of Heaven incident, they had made it back alive. Of course it didn't take long for a classic brawl to erupt in the new Guild Hall. It seemed like it was going to be just a normal day at Fairy Tail...well...as normal as things can be with a group of rowdy, destructive wizards.

During the middle of the fight however, their powerful, otherworldly member Ben Tennyson had unexpectedly collapsed into unconsciousness; an eerie magical aura could be sensed wafting off of him. Now, the Ultimate Team and Master Makarov were running down a narrow trail that cut into the lush East Forest. Natsu was carrying Ben over his right shoulder while Makarov was in the lead; it was quite surprising how fast the dwarf-sized wizard could run.

The Ultimate Team was confused and apprehensive over Ben's bizarre predicament. Ben technically wasn't a wizard, so how could he have magic inside of him...let alone Dark Magic? The group didn't have time to ponder the mystery as they arrived at a house that was built inside of a large tree.

let alone Dark Magic? The group didn't have time to ponder the mystery as they arrived at a house that was built inside of a large tree

Without wasting time, they ran up the flight of stone stairs that led up to the front door. As Makarov hastily knocked on the door, Gray asked, "Remind me again why we're taking Ben to her?"

Lucy turned to him, and replied, "The master said that normal doctors would be unable to help him."

"Yeah, but from I remember...doesn't this woman hate..."

Gray was interrupted when the door suddenly opened, revealing a slim and tall elderly woman that had a scowl etched onto her facial features. Her pink hair was tied in a bun on the back of her head by two pins with crescent moon-shaped edges, leaving two bangs of hair to frame her face. She wore a dark green blouse with a tie around the collar, paired with a long matching skirt and simple shoes. Over that, she sported a crimson cape with a wide collar decorated by massive dragon horn-like decorations and edges adorned by white, arch-like motifs.