Chapter 16: Ben vs Erza

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Tia Ballard as Happy
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Dee Bradley Baker as Big Chill/Ultimate Big Chill/ Four Arms/Fasttrack/Lodestar/Nanomech/Jetray
David Kaye as Shocksquatch/Gravattack
Steve Blum as Heatblast
Jim Ward as Wildvine
Richard Horvitz as Grey Matter
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Jamie Marchi as Cana Alberona
Christopher R. Sabat as Elfman Strauss
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Chris Pratt as Jet
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Patrick Seitz as Laxus Dreyar
Brian Mathis as Macao Conbolt
Brina Palencia as Juvia Lockser
John Burgmeier as Fried Justine
Andrew Kishino as Bickslow
Caitlin Glass as Evergreen
———————————————————————————

Behind the bar in the Fairy Tail Guild Hall, Grey Matter had several items neatly grouped in piles across the countertop. He had an assortment of metal mechanical parts, bolts and screws, a glass cylinder-shaped tank, various hoses, cooper wire, and a lacrima crystal. At his side were tools such as a screwdriver, pliers, and a tiny hammer.

Grey Matter held his chin as he looked at the piled items, humming while doing so. He examined each part he had collected and memorized them. Once he finished scrutinizing the materials, he closed his eyes and put together a blueprint in his mind. After a moment, he opened his eyes back up and smiled impishly. He had everything he needed to begin his project.

Nearly three days had passed since the Ultimate Team and Elfman defeated the Rabid Weasels and the Omnitrix's malfunction was corrected, turning the affected mages on both sides back to normal. For the team's part in bringing the Dark Guild to justice, the group received an eighty-thousand jewels reward from the Rune Knights. Unfortunately, most of that money went to purchasing new materials to repair the damage done by the Rabid Weasels and the Fairy Tail wizards who were transformed into versions of Ben's aliens.

They were a bit bummed but understood fully; after all, the destruction inflicted on the still incomplete Guild Hall by them was considerable, especially the damage Natsu made while he was in Cannonbolt form. However, even after draining most of his reward on building materials, Ben was still left with enough to acquire most of the aforementioned objects before him. The rest had come from the storage area in the Guild Hall's cellar.

"He-he," Ben cackled mischievously, rubbing his hands together, "everything mechanical-wise is here. Time to get started,"

Grey Matter immediately got to work on constructing a metal cube, which would be the main body of the device he was building. It was made from the metal panels he had gathered. Once it was finished, he threw in a variety of mechanical parts, tubes, hoses, wires, and lastly the lacrima crystal within the cube. Ben jumped in next and began arranging and connecting the various parts.

An hour passed and the rest of the Fairy Tail gathered at the still incomplete Guild Hall. Some were helping in the construction while others were taking breaks by relaxing at the bar; more specifically Cana, who was chugging down a barrel of beer. Later, the rest of the Ultimate Team arrived on the site and approached the bar area.

Natsu burped out a torrent of fire. "Man, that was a good breakfast." He noted; a satisfied smile on his face.

"Aye sir," Happy replied, flying right by.

"I wonder why Ben couldn't join us though." Lucy pondered.

Gray shrugged. "I went to ask him this morning but he wasn't anywhere in my house."