Chapter 41: Too Cool For You

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson/Feedback
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Tia Ballard as Happy
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Jamie Marchi as Cana Alberona
Brina Palencia as Juvia Lockser
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Brian Mathis as Macao Conbolt
Christopher R. Sabat as Elfman Strauss
Apphia Yu as Laki Olietta
Angela Chase as Bisca Mulan
Austin Tindle as Alzack Connell
Ryan Reynolds as Max Alfors
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Chris Pratt as Jet
David Wald as Gajeel Redfox
John DiMaggio as Rath
Kyle Phillips as Jason
———————————————————————————

Six days had passed since the Harvest Festival had ended, and things in Magnolia were starting to return to normal. All of the damages caused in the Battle of Fairy Tail had been or were currently in the process of being repaired. Many wizards had spent the day after the Fantasia Parade taking part in the repair efforts in order to reconcile with the townspeople affected by the fighting.

Kardia Cathedral, which had sustained the most damages, had been fully restored thanks to Clockwork. However, Ben had run low on stamina and transformed back to his human form right after; much like he did after repairing the guild hall after it had been wrecked by Gajeel.

Ben was willing to continue reversing the damage across the rest of Magnolia upon resting for a while, but Makarov declined the offer and stated that the guild would pay for reparations – not wanting to completely rely on Ben to fix his and everyone else's messes. The master did offer Ben his sincere appreciation for restoring the cathedral since the repair cost for the massive building would've cost a fortune! Nevertheless, that didn't stop the short old man from bawling his eyes out comically as he signed away multiple checks in his office later that day.

Many things had transpired over the course of the last few days in Fairy Tail. A couple days after the Fantasia Parade, members had started to notice that Laxus was nowhere to be seen or heard from. It was then that Makarov had formally announced that he had expelled Laxus for his actions.

Everyone had reacted in their own way. Natsu, of course, was less than pleased to hear the news.

In fact, the entire scene had played out like this...

2 Days after the Fantasia Parade...

"Why'd you kick him out, gramps!? Couldn't you have just sent him to his room or somethin'!?" Natsu demanded indignantly.

The Dragon Slayer was standing in front of the master, who was sitting on the edge of the bar countertop with his head lowered and eyes shut.

Makarov remained silent.

"I thought he was part of our family!" The veins on Natsu's forehead throbbed madly. "We all know he's a jerk, but c'mon!"

Ben, at the moment, was sitting a couple barstools away to Makarov's right.

He held up his right hand in a placating gesture, and said, "Natsu, I know you're upset but you need to chill."

"How can I possibly chill?! I'm a FIRE wizard!" Natsu retorted angrily, misunderstanding Ben's words. "Besides, now that Laxus's gone, I'll never get the chance to fight him again!"