Chapter 30: Entrapment part VI - Ultimate Challenges

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Ashley Johnson as Gwen Tennyson
Greg Cipes as Kevin Levin
Paul Eiding as Max Tennyson
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Tia Ballard as Happy
Jeff Bennet as Azmuth
Wilbur Penn as Sagittarius
Jessica Cavanagh as Aquarius
Eric Vale as Loke
James Remar as Vilgax
———————————————————————————

In the empty constructed scene of Bellwood, everything was quiet. The sounds of explosions and fearsome battle cries had died away into an eerie calm. Suddenly, in the middle of a street, the lid to a manhole shifted and was pushed away.

Erza, Gray, and Lucy climbed out of the hole in that order; all three wearing unpleasant looks on their faces, especially a certain blond-haired wizard.

"Ugh..." Lucy whined, "did we have to go through the sewers? I hate the sewers." She had hoped she'd never have to go through a sewer again after her first job with Natsu and Happy at Everlue's.

"It was the only way to escape Vilgax and avoid his detection." Erza replied, brushing herself off. "As unpleasant as it was..."

"Besides," Gray added, "we should be miles away from where we were fighting him by now."

"Yes," Erza's gaze shifted to them, "but I guarantee you that he'll find us; it's only a matter of time."

Gray nodded in agreement. "We need to find Natsu and Happy and see if they're okay."

"My experience with finding those two is to follow the path of destruction." Lucy noted.

Gray looked around and spotted something. "You mean like over there?" he pointed to a small, white building across the street with a large gaping hole in the wall.

The establishment was in a parking lot with sets of wooden picnic tables in close vicinity to the building. In front of the building was a big billboard sign with a giant smiling humanoid cup that was holding a smaller version of itself. "Mr. Smoothy" was emblazoned on the sign in big, red letters.

"Big hole in the wall? No doubt about it, that's Natsu's work." Lucy noted.

"This is convenient." Gray commented.

Erza stared up at the Mr. Smoothy sign in awe and wonder. "Smoothies..." she said under her breath.

Gray and Lucy looked at the redhead, confused by her blank stare.

"Uh...Erza...you're drooling..." Gray pointed out.

The Fairy Queen snapped out of her trance and noticed that there was indeed a thin line of drool at the edge of her mouth. She quickly wiped it off and resumed her strong demeanor. "I was doing no such thing." She snapped irritably. "Now enough standing around! Let's get a move on." She broke off and headed toward the building at a rather quick pace.

Lucy and Gray blinked dumbly for a short moment before they followed behind her.

The three wizards walked through the hole in the building and immediately spotted Natsu and Happy lying in the wreckage of what appeared to be a smoothie machine, similar to the one Ben had made for the guild hall, albeit it was larger. Both of them were bruised up and had swirls in their eyes.