Chapter 19: Ben's New Home

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson/Kickin Hawk
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Tia Ballard as Happy
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Christopher R. Sabat as Elfman Strauss
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Brian Mathis as Macao Conbolt
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Chris Pratt as Jet
Jamie Marchi as Cana Alberona
Sonny Strait as Reedus Jonah
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Angela Chase as Bisca Mulan
Austin Tindle as Alzack Connell
Eric Vale as Loke
Dee Bradley Baker as Swampfire/Ultimate Swampfire/Ultimate Big Chill
Rob Paulsen as Gutrot
Fred Tatasciore as Cannonbolt
———————————————————————————

On the day that followed after Ben and Erza's return from their S-Class mission, the Ultimate Team had set out on a house hunting trip for Ben. They had looked at all the available houses and apartments in town, but none of them really piqued Ben's interest. It was then that they decided to switch their attention to available houses outside of town.

At the end of the day, Ben had finally found the house he was looking for. It was a quaint one-story home, plus a basement, that resided on a rocky shoreline cliff that overlooked the large body of water that was Lake Sciliora. It strongly resembled a ranch-style home and was built out of white stone brick and had dark green roofing and shutters. At the back of the house, was a nice porch space that provided a spectacular view of the lake.

The down payment of the house was a hefty two million Jewels, but Ben bought it anyways since he had plenty of money to spare after the Peony job

The down payment of the house was a hefty two million Jewels, but Ben bought it anyways since he had plenty of money to spare after the Peony job. In addition, by using Grey Matter's smarts, he calculated that by devoting at least thirty percent of the money he makes from jobs to the remaining amount left on his house note, he should have the entire house paid off within a few months – depending on how many jobs he takes, of course. Also, he figured that if he was going to be in this crazy magical world for an unknown amount of time, he should live comfortably.

The day after, the Ultimate Team had set out for the shopping establishments across Magnolia to acquire food, more furniture, clothes, and other essentials for Ben. The trip had taken all day and Ben now had a lot of stuff to take back. Thankfully, Erza was kind enough to lend her wagon to pack all of his stuff in. When they got to Ben's house, Ben changed into Fasttrack and placed all his things where they were supposed to go in less than a minute; much to his team's surprise.

Three days after Ben and Erza's return, the former was settling in quite nicely in his shoreline house with a view.

At the present time, Erza, Gray, and Lucy were walking down a dirt path that cut through a forest that led to Ben's place. The team had decided to throw Ben a potluck party, where each guest would bring a random dish of either food or refreshments. Erza was carrying a pink box that had a bakery's logo on the top, Lucy was bringing a bag of chips and salsa, and Gray had a pack of sodas in his left hand.