Chapter 24: Pesky Farewells

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Tia Ballard as Happy
Brina Palencia as Juvia Lockser
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Chris Pratt as Jet
David Wald as Gajeel Redfox
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Christopher R. Sabat as Elfman Strauss
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Brian Mathis as Macao Conbolt
John DiMaggio as Atomix
Dee Bradley Baker as ChamAlien
Tara Strong as Pesky Dust
Greg Ayres as Shô
Alexis Tipton as Meliana
Chris Cason as Wally Buchanan
Carrie Savage as Lisanna Strauss
Luci Christian as Young Natsu
Anastasia Muñoz as Young Elfman
Ryan Reynolds as Young Gray/ Max Alfors
———————————————————————————

Over an hour had passed since the Ultimate Team, Sho, Wally, and Millianna reunited on the beach. Everyone, especially Erza, was more than relieved to see that Ben had survived the Tower of Heaven's annihilation. The group walked down the sandy shoreline for a few miles until they arrived back at Akane Resort.

Erza carried an unconscious Ben on her back the entire way, ignoring the protests from the guys of the group who had offered to carry him. Sho, Wally, and Millianna were split up and stayed in separate rooms amongst the Ultimate Team.

Meanwhile, Erza had carried Ben to his hotel room and gently laid him down on the bed. She had even tucked him under the covers. Now, the redheaded warrior was sitting on the right side of the bed, watching Ben as he slept. She had re-quipped into her sleeveless white blouse and blue skirt attire minutes prior.

Erza could tell that Ben was utterly exhausted, and she understood why. After all, he had battled against a member of the Ten Wizard Saints, absorbed all the magical energy within the Tower of Heaven, and had swum all the way back to shore. Anyone would be drained after doing only one of those, but Ben had done all three in a single day!

She took notice of the numerous cuts and bruises across his body. He would definitely need to have those treated and bandaged up tomorrow morning. However, he was in the same boat as her and the rest of the team, especially Natsu.

Erza was deep in thought as she gazed at the slumbering superhero with glossy brown eyes. "You saved my life today...three times..." She counted the times when Ben pulled her out of the lacrima twice and took down Jellal. "...and even when I told you to leave, you never abandoned me." She smiled warmly. "And you helped me overcome my fears...whether you know it or not. Thank you."

Unconsciously, Erza closed her eyes and leaned down; planting a soft kiss on Ben's left cheek. Realizing what she did, Erza went wide-eyed, stood up, and hastily exited the room. Erza sat on the floor outside of Ben's room, leaning up against his door with knees folded up to her ample chest. Her face had turned several shades of red as she breathed deeply.

'How could I have done such a thing?' Erza yelled inwardly. 'Why is my heart beating so fast?' She placed her hand over her chest, trying to calm her rapidly beating heart.

"That was a bold move." a monotonous, feminine voice said.

Erza cried out and nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw Juvia sitting next to her. "J-Juvia?!" She stuttered comically. "When...h-how did you..."

"I just came by to see how you and Ben were doing." Juvia answered with a neutral frown. A tint of pink then bloomed on her face as she gushed with a smile. "When I peeked in I saw you place that heartwarming kiss on his cheek. Oh...how romantic!"