Chapter 42: A Very Worm Welcome Part I - Into The Desert

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson/XLR8
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Tia Ballard as Happy
R. Bruce Elliot as Makarov Dreyar
Monica Rial as Mirajane Strauss
Jamie Marchi as Cana Alberona
Brina Palencia as Juvia Lockser
Charles Campbell as Wakaba Mine
Brian Mathis as Macao Conbolt
Christopher R. Sabat as Elfman Strauss
Apphia Yu as Laki Olietta
Angela Chase as Bisca Mulan
Austin Tindle as Alzack Connell
Ryan Reynolds as Max Alfors
Sonny Strait as Reedus Jonah
Kristi Kang as Levy McGarden
Z. Charles Bolton as Droy
Chris Pratt as Jet
David Wald as Gajeel Redfox
John Burgmeier as Fried Justine
Andrew Kishino as Bickslow
Caitlin Glass as Evergreen
Dee Bradley Baker as Armodrillo/Diamondhead
Troy Baker as Beelzebash
With Jennifer Anniston as Vanessa Masters
———————————————————————————

 Charles Bolton as DroyChris Pratt as JetDavid Wald as Gajeel RedfoxJohn Burgmeier as Fried JustineAndrew Kishino as BickslowCaitlin Glass as EvergreenDee Bradley Baker as Armodrillo/Diamondhead Troy Baker as Beelzebash With Jennifer Anniston as V...

It was a typical afternoon at the Fairy Tail guild hall. Various wizards were scattered across the building as they ate, drank, and socializedeating, drinking, and socializing with one another. Others stood in front of the Request Board in search for a job request, with the exception of Nab who seemingly stared at the board indecisively all the time.

Ben Tennyson hummed in contemplation as he and the rest of his teammates examined the various job postings on the Request Board. After Lucy lost the Miss Fairy Tail Contest and failed to land a modeling gig with Sorcerer Weekly, the Ultimate Team was keeping their promise to her by taking a job together to cover her monthly rent.

Despite her failed efforts, Lucy was grateful to her teammates for helping her; especially when her rent was due very soon. They had planned to find a job yesterday, but after everything that happened with the reporter and Ben sharing his past with the others, the team decided to hold off on finding a job till the next day – which was now today.

The team was having a difficult time deciding on which request to take though. Lucy's monthly rent was seventy-thousand Jewels, so the job had to pay at least that. However, there weren't very many jobs that paid that much at the current time. The few that did were less than ideal, to say the least.

"Aw man..." Lucy whined, "I don't see a single job on here I like."

"Well, we can't afford to be picky, Lucy." Gray chided her.

"Especially when your rent is due soon," Ben added.

"Oh! Let's pick this one!" Natsu pointed to one request excitedly.