23

The beginning of the end, that's the best way to describe this. Meagan wakes with fear when she notices she's not at home, her fear is calmed for a moment when she sees Amethyst. "Ami! Wake up! They are going to kill me if I don't head back now!" She says, shaking her awake.
"Shit! Let's go." Amethyst says, now very much awake.
The two girls jump up and run out the door, "Wait this way, follow me!" Meagan says, taking Amethyst by the hand and dragging her to the side of the compound. It's a more secluded part, not many people go out to the field at this time. "I don't want them to get mad at you or anything so I figured going this way is safer." She tells her.
Once they make it to the field the two girls look at each other, holding hands, "Until next time?" Meagan asks.
"Until next time," Amethyst says, that's when Meagan leans in and quickly kisses the girl's lips. That's also when she feels Father Albert's hand on her shoulder, she gasps when she turns around to see him. Amethyst runs as fast as she can without saying a word.
"Wait right here." Father Albert instructs.
Meagan stands very still, too afraid to do anything else. She wants to run when she sees him walk away but is too scared to do anything.
He soon comes back with Lydia and the Grumpy old man whose name is Jedidiah.
"Go take them to see Caleb." Father Albert instructs then says, "And to those who dabble with the devil and homosexual tendencies, your fate will soon be that of Caleb's if you don't take this warning seriously."
He leaves the three alone and they walk to the car. Jedidiah drives while the two girls are in the back seat.
They must've been in the car for hours because the dry fields that they are usually surrounded by have been traded out to mountains and pine trees.
The twists, turns, and bumpiness of the road keep them awake but no one says a word.
The car comes to an abrupt spot and Jedidiah gets out and lets the girls out as well.
The mountainous area is very secluded and looks like it's been untouched by humans for decades.
"Are you sure he is here?" Meagan asks.
"Yes of course!" Jedediah says then calls out, "Oh Caleb! Your friends are here to see you!"  There is no response, Jedediah laughs as he says, "Oh silly me I must've forgotten!"
Then takes the girls by their hands and walks them around the corner and what they see leaves them in shock.
They knew it wasn't going to be good when hundreds if not thousands of flies swarmed the area.
"There's your friend," Jedediah says and points to the ground.
Caleb is there....
   scattered around...
  Jedediah picks up Caleb's head, "Isn't he cute!" He laughs, "Look he also is missing a tongue, guess we won't have to worry about him talking back anymore huh?" Jedediah keeps laughings and Meagan and Lydia just stand there in shock.
The sight and smell makes them nauseous. Caleb's body was mutilated and scattered around, now being eaten by flies and wild animals.
"You know what's funny? His limbs were removed while he was still alive then suddenly, he just stopped." Jedidiah says and then kicks his head away. "Kind of like in the bible how Abraham was told to sacrifice his son, but God provided. This time we could've easily gotten a lamb but God provided Caleb instead." He continues, neither of the girls can manage to speak.
"Well let's go back home and remember, don't speak of the missing members, don't talk back, and don't fall into sexual  temptation unless you want that to be you." Jedidiah reminds them.
The whole ride back was long and silent, the girls were spaced out trying to process everything but just couldn't begin to. What makes it even more sickening is how detached Jedidiah was from it all, he had no real emotions and was acting like a robot, an empty shell. It leaves Lydia and Meagan wondering how often this happens to cause it most definitely wasn't the first time. "Is this where all the missing people end up?" Meagan silently thinks as she looks out the window. She almost wishes she would end up like Caleb, she doesn't know how much more of this she can take before she snaps as well.