27

After an hour or so of driving, the car is parked at a remote hiking trail.
"It's hard to find such places like this in California," Meagan says as they walk the trail.
"You sure do have an eye for things like this that's for sure," Amethyst tells her.
"I think it's my God-given gift, or maybe the fact I spent a lot of time out in nature as a kid. It was my safe place." Meagan replies as she kicks up the dirt, watching the rocks skip along the trail.
Amethyst just nods her head in agreement before Meagan asks, "Do you think it's bad that I still like to believe there is a God out there?"
Amethyst looks around at the scenery and then answers, "No, I don't think so. There has to be a reason we are here. I think people just twist what the truth is and now we may never know."
Meagan holds Amethyst's hand and smiles. "Yeah, I think you're right." She tells her and then asks, "Did you know that after we were caught, I wasn't able to go outside until I decided to leave?"
Amethyst shakes her head, "No, I didn't. If I did,  I would've broke in and dragged you out of that house myself!" She jokes but with a bit of seriousness.
"Yeah, the last thing I saw was a dead body," Meagan says with no emotion.
"What??" Amethyst asks in shock.
"Yeah, Caleb talked back so Jedidiah mutilated him and then took me to see Caleb's body parts scattered in the woods. He told me that if I was caught with you again, I'd be next." Meagan replies, still sounding very detached from the situation leaving Amethyst in shock.
"Yeah, the outdoors hasn't been the same since but this is nice." She then says. Amethyst nods her head to show she's listening. "I'm so glad I have you," Meagan tells her, finally showing emotion.
Amethyst looks at her and smiles, "I'm glad we have each other. I'm sorry, I just don't know what to say." She tells her.
"I didn't either at the time, it still feels fake. I'm working on it with my therapist though." Meagan tells her.
"That's good, I'm glad," Amethyst tells her.
They continue to walk and have light conversations, Amethyst can't help but have her heart ache for Meagan. She wonders what else the poor girl went through, and how much she is still going through. It's enough to drive someone mad that's for sure. Meagan suddenly gets really happy as it starts to rain, "Dance with me!" She says, holding her hands out to Amethyst. "You're so fucking cute, how could I say no to that?" Amethyst replies and takes ahold of Meagan's hands. They spin in circles, jump, and dance around, laughing while they do so. The rain continues and they begin jumping in the puddles it's making, "I love the rain!" Meagan shouts like a happy child. She lays like a starfish on the muddy ground and giggles, "I love it!" She shouts. "I love you." Amethyst whispers and lies down next to Meagan. "Isn't it beautiful?" Meagan asks. "Yes, it is, but not as beautiful as you." Amethyst replies. "I disagree, but thank you," Meagan tells her. Meagan jumps back up, like she isn't even pregnant, in this moment she feels free of everything. Amethyst is about to stand up when she feels something fall onto her face, making her scream and hit it away, "Son of a bitch!" She shouts and turns around to see a frog jump away. "I hate those stupid mother fuckers!" Amethyst continues to complain. "Ami, be nice!" Meagan says while laughing. She holds her hand out and helps Amethyst stand up, "Race you!" Meagan shouts and giggles as she runs off. "Hey! That's not fair!" Amethyst says, chasing after her. They run off to a small lake, "I didn't even know this was here."Amethyst tells her. "It's really pretty isn't it?" Meagan asks, looking at Amethyst with a smirk. "Yeah, it is," Amethyst tells her. Suddenly Meagan playfully pushes Amethyst into the lake, causing her to shriek as she goes flying into the water. Meagan jumps in with her, they both now soaking wet look at each other, and smile. Meagan kisses Amethyst's forehead and Amethyst does the same thing back. Then Meagan kisses Amethyst's nose, Amethyst then does it back, then Meagan kisses each cheek, and Amethyst does the same once again. They smile and blush like little kids, "You're pretty." Meagan says, "So are you my love." Amethyst replies. "I think I want to kiss you," Meagan tells her then looks away. "I think I'd like that," Amethyst tells her making Meagan look back up. Meagan smiles as she whispers, "Okay." She cups Amethyst's face in her hands and gently kisses her lips. "I love you," Meagan says into the kiss. "I love you too," Amethyst says back. They both smile and kiss once more before pulling apart and deciding to go back home.