38

Time goes by slowly, too slowly for their liking.
Meagan and Amethyst are stuck in a mental fog, they barely can eat or sleep. Everyone asks them what's wrong but they lie and say they are fine they are both too exhausted to talk about what's going on. They haven't had the energy for therapy or communicating with Meagan's mother, they just want to sleep forever.
Right now they are in bed, the only sound is a gentle cry coming from Amethyst,
"Come here, baby," Meagan says opening her arms and letting Amethyst fall into them.
"I'm so scared, I'm just so fucking scared," Amethyst says, her body trembling with anxiety.
"I got you, I'm never letting you go. Meagan tells her.
She is much calmer than Amethyst, and that's surprising to the both of them.
"Aren't you scared that we will never be okay again?" Amethyst asks, still shaking.
"Yes but also no, I've been through hell and back so I never get my hopes up." Meagan replies then says, "My spark was stomped out a long time ago my dear."
Amethyst still sits there shaking in panic, "Maybe a warm shower will help." Meagan tells her. She helps her stand up, walk to the bathroom, and they both get undressed.
"Deep breaths love deep breaths," Meagan says to her girlfriend once they are standing under the running water.
"Ami, follow me." She says, gently grabbing amethyst's shoulders and then coaching her through her breathing.
"Look at me, you're going to be okay. I'm not letting anything happen to you." She tells her.
"I don't want to lose you, I don't want to lose myself. I can't do this anymore." Amethyst cries.
"Ami my love, I'm not leaving you. If I was going to kill myself, I would've completed it by now. I tried and failed too many times." She tells her but then starts to laugh, "I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself." She says while laughing.
Amethyst looks at her with concern then starts to laugh as well, "Bro that was fucked up but I mean, same." Amethyst says.
"I'm learning to laugh at it, instead of cry." Meagan replies.
"As you should, it's good for you." Amethyst tells her.