47

Fall has come and gone, winter has now graced the land and the girls have safely landed in New York City. "Wow." Meagan gasps as she looks out the taxi window, taking in the scenery. Amethyst is speechless, they've never experienced anything like this before. The taxi takes them to the center of the city, they look around in awe of everything around them. Walking through the city feels as if they are in a movie. They cross the busy street to the park, the air is chilly but they don't mind. "Ami! Look!" Meagan shouts and points up to the sky. "Oh my goodness!" Amethyst shouts and starts to jump up and down, clapping her hands as if she is a small child. The people passing by look at them with judgment but the two girls don't care, they've been waiting for this moment their whole life. "It's actually snowing!" Meagan shouts and starts running across the park. "I can't believe it!" Amethyst shouts as well. Skipping with childlike joy, they have their tongues out, catching the flakes on them. The snow begins to fall more heavily and they both start getting too cold, so they cross the road once more to a shop. After purchasing some coats and more winter-appropriate clothing, they stop at a coffee shop. "Two hot chocolates, please," Meagan tells the barista. They sit in the coffee shop, listening to the holiday music quietly playing in the back. Amethyst kisses Meagan on her reddened nose, "My cute little Rudolph." She says, making Meagan smile and cover her face. She uncovers her face to quickly kiss Amethyst's lips, not realizing and not caring about the people who may see them. The fireplace is lit and their hot chocolate is in their hands, cuddling on the bench of the coffee shop, they both can't help but giggle with childlike joy. They've been doing that a lot lately, "Happiness looks good on you." Amethyst tells Meagan. "Thank you, it looks good on you to my love." She replies. Afterward, they take a taxi back to their hotel, place their bags on the floor, and jump into bed. "My baby!" Amethyst says, holding her girlfriend on top of her. "Mine," Meagan says back, kissing Amethyst's nose. They share an innocent kiss between the two, one that is full of love and care for the other. Quiet little giggles of appreciation are shared as they kiss, their hands roaming each other's bodies with intimacy and passion. Time slips away from them, they don't realize just how long they've been this way until their room begins to get darker and the sun sets. They look outside, then back at each other and laugh, but continue to kiss and enjoy each other's touch in a non-sexual manner. "I've never seen anyone so beautiful before," Meagan tells the girl laying under her.
"Neither have I." Amethyst replies. "I used to think love had to be forced, that is until I met and fell in love with you," Meagan says. "I am glad you did because I fell in love with a beautiful girl too. One with blonde hair and blue eyes." Amethyst tells her.
"Really? That's interesting because I fell in love with the most gorgeous girl with green eyes and black hair." Meagan jokes. "She must be a very lucky girl." Amethyst jokes back. "I'm lucky to have her back in my life," Meagan says and begins to cry.
"Baby, don't cry," Amethyst tells her, pulling the girl close.
"I can't help it, I just love you so much," Meagan replies. Amethyst goes against her own words and begins to cry as well. There is nothing, no one, that she loves more than the girl she is holding tightly.