59

"Ami, go long!" Meagan shouts. The spring weather was calling them to okay frisbee outside. "Okay!" Amethyst replies and begins running backward as Meagan throws the disk. "Catch!" Meagan says, watching it fly through the air. Amethyst attempts to jump and catch it but misses. "I won!" Meagan shouts. "That's not even how it works!" Amethyst shouts back, picking up the disk and throwing it. To her surprise, Meagan catches it, "loser!" Meagan shouts, moving her fingers into the shape of an L on her forehead. "Let me try again!" Amethyst complains and gets ready to catch. "Okay, here it comes!" Meagan shouts and throws it. "Dammit!" Amethyst says as she watches the disk hit the ground. Quickly picking it up, she tosses it to
Meagan hoping to catch her off guard but it doesn't work, Meagan catches it anyways. "I give up!" Amethyst shouts as Meagan begins to do her happy dance. "I think you forget that when I was a kid, these were the only types of games we could play," Meagan tells her as they walk back inside. "Okay, then I have a challenge for you." Amethyst replies and goes to the living room. "Sit there, I'll get it started." She tells Meagan and hands her a remote. "What is it?" Meagan asks. "It's a racing game, and I'm going to leave your ass in the dust!" Amethyst replies, plopping her ass down on the couch. "Mother fucker!" Meagan shouts as Amethyst begins to lap her. "Stop going in circles!" Amethyst shouts back and begins to laugh. "I don't know how!" Meagan shouts back. "I am speed," Amethyst replies, continuing to lap the poor girl. Meagan figures out how to stop going in circles but only enough to run into a wall, "I quit." Meagan tells her, tossing her controller to the floor. "Not until it's over." Amethyst replies, picking the controller back up and handing it to Meagan. "Fine," Meagan says, rolling her eyes. It doesn't take much longer for the game to finish and Amethyst to come in first place, "Who's the loser now?" She teases. "Still you." Meagan teases back. "Never!" Amethyst replies, tackling Meagan down on the couch and tickling her. "I won!" She says as she attacks the girl with kisses and tickles. Meagan laughs uncontrollably and I'm doing so, makes Amethyst laugh as well. No matter how many bad days the two have, they still manage to make up for it in good times. It's the simple things like this that give them the strength to keep going.