13

"Mother, who's that?" Meagan asks her mom.
"Oh I don't know my dear, I think that's our new neighbor but remember what Father Albert has taught us." Her mom replies.
"Of course! It's, don't trust anyone who doesn't follow our faith for they will be the gateway to eternal damnation." Meagan says trying her best to sound happy and not annoyed.
"Well done, the Lord should be pleased with you." Her mother replies.
Meagan looks across the road again and sees Amethyst waving to her, so Meagan smiles and waves back. Then,  Meagan gets a bright idea,
"Mother, how can we bring more people to know our Lord if we can't meet new people and be the ones to lead them?"Meagan asks.
Her mother sighs, "I think that's something you should take up with Father Albert himself." She tells her, "But be careful, don't sound like you're doubting him." She warns her daughter.
Meagan smiles and nods, she always secretly hated going to see Father Albert, and she hated herself for feeling that way. She couldn't help it though, he just made her feel uneasy.
"Hello, my dear child."  Father Albert says when Meagan approaches him in the temple.
"Hello Father, I was curious to know if I could ask you a question," Meagan asks.
"What may that question be?" He replies, setting down the book that he was reading. Meagan knows she needs to be very careful with her choice of words now if she wants this to work.
"Well, the question is in regards to our new neighbor across the road. She looks to be around my age but doesn't seem to follow the truth. It breaks my heart for her and I wanted to know if I could go over and try to share about our faith with her. I strongly feel this urge but wanted to make sure my heart was in the right place. Do you think it would be okay?"She asks him, her heart feels like it's going to give out from nervousness as she waits for his reply.
"I think that's a very smart idea but you need to be careful, don't the devil them sway you. I think you are the right to trust though. I have high hopes for you, your commitment and heart for the Lord and his kingdom is admirable. I believe you are the right one to send out to minister, I give you my blessing. "  He tells her taking her by surprise. Finally, someone is listening to her!
"Thank you so much." She says and wraps her arms around him and willingly hugs him.
"Very good dear child." He tells her.
So  Meagan in her pastel-colored ankle-length, long-sleeved dress with hair pulled up to perfection made it her mission to lead Amethyst to what she believes is the truth. She so desperately wants Amethyst to convert and come to live with them, she wants Father Albert to be pleased with her. She knows this is a very important task and wants to do her very, very best in fear of what could happen if she doesn't.