Part 8

Days later, when it was the time of family lunch at Shelley's house, Tony was there as well, making the whole situation a lot more awkward, considering you told him you'll drop his class only a few days ago

You were sat next to each other, and you had to pull away when you felt your body touching his, while Shelley talked about her plans for the wedding.

When she and Rhodey left to bring the cake, you finally looked down at your plate, moving the leftover food with your fork.

Your mother cleared her throat, "Y/N, dear."

You looked up at her, finding it was only your parents, Tony and you behind the table. "Yes?"

Your father cut in when he wiped his mouth off with the tissue. "What happened with that professor? Did you drop the class?"

You squirmed uncomfortably in the chair, looking at Tony out of corner of your eye. "Mom, dad, this is not the place. How do you even know about it?"

"Your mother told me about it on the way here." Your father said, making you look at the woman.

"Seriously?" You asked her. "I told you that only because you insisted, and told you not to tell him."

"I-" She began, but your father cut her off.

"It's a good thing she told me. I don't want anybody making my daughter sad." He said, and Tony looked at you.

"Sad?" You heard him ask, then noticed your father looking at him."Sorry."

"It's alright. We need a second opinion." Your father now turned to Tony. "As you heard, Y/N has a very rude and harsh professor. From her mother's story, I found out he was rude only to her from the beginning of this year. I don't want her to be sad and cry over anyone-"

When Tony heard the word cry, he turned towards you again.

"I did not." You scoffed.

"So, I don't want her to only drop the class. You should report the professor."He finished.

As you looked down at your lap, you could feel Tony's gaze on the side of your face. Your parents were making this a lot harder.

"So, what do you say, Anthony?" Your father asked.

"I, uh... " His tongue came out to wet his lips that were suddenly a lot more dry than usual. "I think you should give the professor a second chance."

You looked up towards him, only to see him looking at you already, a soft smile on his face.

For a few moments, you both only looked at each other, until you abruptly stood up, causing Tony to look at you in surprise. "Excuse me."You mumbled out, quickly going inside the house, as the lunch was outside on the balcony.

You ran into Shelley on your way in.

"Y/N, is something wrong?" She asked.

"All fine." You smiled at her.