Part 12

After Howard showed you around the company and the lab, your father asked him and Tony to join you for lunch in a nearby restaurant

After Howard showed you around the company and the lab, your father asked him and Tony to join you for lunch in a nearby restaurant. Currently, you were sat behind the table with Tony by your side and Howard and your father in front of you.

You took a bite of the food you ordered before you placed the fork down and looked out the window onto the street.

Your father and Howard were talking about something while you and Tony sat in silence.

You felt Tony's knee touch yours accidentally, which made you look down at your legs as Tony quickly pulled away.

"Sorry." He mumbled out, and you shot him a small smile.

"Y/N, you've been very quiet." Your father said, and you looked up at him.

"I've just been thinking about something, sorry." You told him and looked around yourself. "I forgot my phone back in the lab, I think. I should go and get it."

"Tony can come with you." Howard offered as you were getting up.

Tony looked up at him, then at you."I can, if you want."

"Uh... " You placed a strand of hair behind your ear as you tried to come up with an answer. "Well, if you want to-"

"Sure." He stood up and grabbed his jacket before looking at you.

Your lips formed a tight line as you got up from the table as well and started walking away, towards the exit.

Tony followed after you, taking his keys out of his pocket to unlock the car.

After a short drive filled with awkward silence, you quickly made your way in one of the labs you were in during the tour.

Apparently, it seemed like you took too long, because Tony, who was supposed to wait for you in front of the lab, walked inside and leaned against the door frame while looking you up and down. "Found what you were looking for?"

"No, actually." You responded, walking over to one of the tables while looking at him.

Tony silently chuckled to himself before pushing himself off the door frame and making his way over to you. "Come on, I'll help you look."

You saw your phone on the corner of the table when you turned around, and you went to grab it at the same time Tony did. He came up behind you, placing one hand on the side of your body to keep you in place, but it was too late. You felt the front of his body rub against your back as you both reached for the phone.

You took a sharp breath when you felt it, and by the time you both tried to pull away, the door slid open once again and someone walked in.

It was a young boy, whose eyes widened when he saw your position. The expression on his face made you realize how wrong the scene looked, Tony's hand placed on top of yours as you both reached for the same thing at the same time, and your ass rubbing slightly against Tony's crotch.

"Uh - I'm sorry, Mr. Stark!" The boy mumbled out before rushing out of the lab, forgetting all about why he came there.

"Uh... " You tried to say something that would make the situation less awkward. Tony quickly moved his hand away and you got up, turning towards him. "I didn't see you."

"Didn't see you either." Tony mumbled out.

"I was trying to grab it, but then you did too, and I didn't see you and - yeah - that happened." You rambled while Tony looked at your face.

His gaze dropped to your lips before he looked at your eyes.

Your tongue came out to wet your lips and you took a step back, your back pressing against the table. That made Tony take a step forward. "I-"

You were interrupted when Tony placed his hand on the back of your neck and lowered his head towards you until his lips touched yours in a soft kiss.

It took you a second to realize what was happening.

A sudden wave of confidence and courage took over you and you kissed him back while his hand moved to rest on your waist.

His hands were strong, but yet felt so good on your body, making you feel butterflies in your belly. He pushed you more against the table as you kissed each other.

When you parted from lack of oxygen, Tony licked over his lower lip, savoring the cherry taste of your soft lips.

What did you do? You just kissed your professor, the one you were sure hated you just as much as you hate him.

"I... " You looked into the chocolate color of his eyes. "I'm sorry." You said as you tried to move somehow and disappear from the lab. The previous enormous room, that was about the size of your whole apartment, was now getting smaller with every passing second and seemed to suffocate you. The countless thoughts just flashed in your brain, facing you with the consequences of your actions. What if he did that only to see if you like him, so he could make even more fun of you?

"Shut up." He mumbled out and moved his thumb over your jaw as he kissed you again.

The unexpected action made you freeze in place again.

He realized you weren't kissing him back so he squeezed your waist slightly to snap you out of your thoughts.

That was enough for the insecurities to quiet down and you kissed him back just as harshly.

When you parted, his hand dropped lower on your face and his thumb was now moving over your slightly parted lips.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." He whispered out, eyes closed as his forehead was pressed against yours.