Part 23

After what you saw in Tony's phone, you were trying to keep yourself calm

After what you saw in Tony's phone, you were trying to keep yourself calm. Even when you got home, you tried not to let yourself cry and stay controlled.

After changing into some comfortable clothes, you were about to go to the bedroom and curl up on your bed when you heard a loud knock on the door.

You opened them and briefly saw Tony's face before he somehow got inside and closed the door after himself.

"Sweetheart, it's not what you think."He reached for your hand, but you moved out of his reach.

You were feeling already drained, not wanting to have this conversation right now. "What are you doing here?"You asked quietly.

His gaze scanned over your face."I... I wanted to explain everything to you."

You looked over his face for a few moments. If he was really cheating on you, why would he come here and explain what happened to you?

You walked away, and he followed after you, watching as you sat down on the couch in the living room and looked up at him. Your tearful eyes broke his heart and he quickly sat next to you, wrapping you in his arms as you started to cry.

Tony kissed the top of your head, holding you tighter as you started to wet his shirt with your tears.

"Did you do it?" You asked him and he pulled away from you, placing his hands on either side of your face.

"I would never cheat on you." He said, while looking in your eyes.

"Then who is Pepper?" You asked him.

"She's my father's assistant." Tony replied. "Remember I told you he wants me to take over the business."You nodded and Tony continued talking while his thumbs wiped off the fresh tears from your face. "He had some documents that he wanted me to look over, and since Pepper was in town she brought them to my apartment so I could do that."

You tensed as you remembered one detail in that text. "Then why did she tell you that you were wonderful?"

Tony chuckled at your tone and you glared at him.

"It's not funny!" You said, smacking his back and he let out another laugh.

"You're right. It's not. But you look cute when you're jealous." He chuckled as you went to smack him again, but he grabbed both of your arms and pushed you on your back on the couch, quickly towering above you while still holding your hands above your head.

"Are you gonna answer me?" You asked in a serious tone.

"I don't think I will."

You were about to push him off of you when you realized he was having fun with all of this, but he was much stronger than you. "Tony, I swear to God-"

"Oh, okay okay!" He said through his laugh. "Pepper is going through a divorce. We know each other since high school, so I offered her some advice as a friend."