Part 25

You gulped nervously as you watched the man, who stood in front of you, anger written all over his face

You gulped nervously as you watched the man, who stood in front of you, anger written all over his face. The elevator door slid open again, and it was your mother who walked out this time. She noticed the angry expression on his face and was about to ask him what happened when she saw you and Tony.

"Y/N? Tony? What is the meaning of this?" She asked.

"I - I-" Nothing else could come out of your mouth.

"We need to talk." The look in your father's eyes told you he was ready to kill Tony right there and then. So, your mother spoke up before he could say anything more.

"Tony, I think you should go." She told the man, who looked at you. Knowing his presence would only make it worse, you nodded your head. He reluctantly let you pull your hand out of his.

"Go." You whispered out to him.

He finally understood and glanced at your parents again before looking back at you. "I'll call you."

You nodded and he was gone just as you unlocked your apartment door to let them in. An uncomfortable silence took over as they got inside, but as soon as the door closed, it all started.

"What was that, Y/N?" He raised his voice at you as soon as the doors closed.

"Uh... " You tried to speak, but your mother shot you a glance behind his back that told you you should probably stay quiet.

"Do you know how much older he is? He's probably a few years younger than me!" He continued on. "Why would you do that?"

"What's wrong with us being together?" You couldn't take it anymore, you had to speak up.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "You don't see what's wrong? He is older than you, he's just using you because you're young and naive. Do you think I don't know men like him?" He let out a chuckle. "And to think that I let him in my house."

"Tony is not like that." You argued."He's different."

"You think you know better than me?"

You straightened up, looking into his eyes. "I know him better than you do. He is not using me."

"Listen to me very carefully now. You will never see him again and you will text him right now to break up with him. Do you understand me?"

"I won't do that."

"Y/N!" Your mother warned.

"That man is bad for you! You won't see him again! Or I will never speak to you again. Choose, your boyfriend", he said it like he was disgusted, " or your father."

"My whole life, you've been making decisions for me. In your eyes, I have to be nothing else than perfect. You always treated me like I was a little girl who is not capable of making decisions for herself. But not this time. I won't do what you want me to do, no matter how much you threaten me."

"Then you're no longer my daughter."He said before quickly walking out of your apartment, slamming the door closed after himself. He was furious. Your mother stayed in the same place as you collapsed on the couch.

"Y/N..."

Your gaze snapped towards her. "Are you going to say the same thing he did?"

"What? No, of course not." She said."I'll call Shelley to come here and be with you while I go after him. Okay? I'll talk to him and try to calm him down."

You didn't answer her. She was gone and you just kept staring at the wall in front of you, replaying the argument in your head.

Shelley arrived minutes later, barging into your apartment. She saw you and quickly made her way over to you, pulling you into a hug. "Are you okay? Your mom told me about what happened."

You nodded, the sad expression still present on your face.

"Oh God." She took in a breath before she pulled you into another hug. With her other hand, she quickly typed out a message to Tony.

Another few minutes passed and Tony barged into your apartment, just like Shelley did earlier. She got up from the couch as soon as she saw him, allowing him to take her place and pull you into his arms.

You almost broke down into his arms once you felt him. Shelley left you two alone, while Tony made you look up at him, his fingers wiping your tears away.

"Look at me, sweetheart." He whispered out. "We need to talk."

"About what?" You said through your tears.

He had to calm down. He could hear the thumping of his own heart that was so fast, like it would jump out of his chest any moment now. He saw the pain in your eyes. Even though your father treated you like that, you still loved him. He was your father, after all. And Tony knew everything that happened between you and him, Shelley called him while she was on her way to your place.

"I know about what happened. And I know how hard it is for you. He doesn't approve of our relationship, and I get why he thinks what he thinks. But sweetheart, I can't let you not talk to your own father because of me. We... " He gulped, and you froze in place, already knowing what he was about to say next. "It would be for the best if we end this."

"Tony, no-"

"I know you're gonna try and stop me. But I'm doing it for your own good. You know what would happen if he found out I'm your... " He stopped himself in time, but you knew what he was going to say. "It would be even worse. I'm so sorry, sweetheart, but we have to do this."

You stared at him with a completely blank stare. Tony held his emotions in as he reached to you to place a kiss on the top of your head before he got up. When the sound of your front door being closed after him was heard, you allowed yourself to break down completely.

You let yourself finally cry, letting out all of what you kept bottled up inside of you for hours.