Part 14

"So, do you think they are truly suspecting something?" Tony asked, putting down his fork and looking at you with a smile

"So, do you think they are truly suspecting something?" Tony asked, putting down his fork and looking at you with a smile. You two were in the restaurant for dinner, the date Tony asked you out on.

"Oh, they definitely are now." You replied, looking at him. "Especially after I told Shelley I have a date tonight, and can't spend the night with her."

Tony's gaze softened as he looked at you, and you noticed him looking at you longer than usual.

"It's... it's alright with you, right? I didn't tell her with who."

Tony had to quickly collect himself and pull himself out of the dreaming about you so he could answer you.

When you both were done, Tony paid for your meals and you were leaving the restaurant.

Just as you stepped out, the rain fell on your naked skin and you stopped walking. Soon after, you felt Tony's hand slide around your waist and he looked down at you. "Shall we, darling?"

Your stomach fluttered at the name and you looked at him, both of your faces being illuminated by the street lights.

"We should get to the car, you'll get sick." He said, but you still weren't moving from your place, a large grin on your face as you raised your head, letting rain drops fall on your face."Are you enjoying this?"He asked with a chuckle.

"Come on, Tony." You said, pulling him forward by his hand and exposing both of you more to the rain.

The soft music playing in the background added even more to the atmosphere. You laughed as rain soaked both of your clothes.

Tony followed, laughing along as he pressed you more against himself, your foreheads resting against each other's.

"Live a little." You said, taking his hand in yours and intertwining your fingers.

"Is that so?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at you while a smile was present on his face. You nodded, biting on your lower lip as you looked at him. His other hand was resting on the side of your jaw and it was his thumb moving over your lips that made you release your bottom lip from between your teeth.

"I... " He began, but the particular way your eyes shined that night stopped him and made him just look at you for a few moments.

Meanwhile, you were oblivious to what he was doing. Tony found the way you got distracted by the flashing lights of the city adorable.

You looked back at him only when his hand slipped to your waist. Both of your clothes were soaked at this point.

"Do you want to tell me something?"You raised an eyebrow at him, a playful grin on your face.

"Actually, I do. " He said and took a deep breath of the fresh air before speaking again. "I wanted to ask you something."

"I'm listening."

Tony almost rolled his eyes at his own behaviour. He was never this nervous around any woman before, so what was wrong with him now? Then again, he hadn't done this in quite a few years. "Do you..." He spoke again."Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

The moment felt like an eternity.

He felt shivers going down his spine, and he was almost shaking not from the cold, but because he was afraid of your answer.

He watched as your serious face disappeared, and a grin replaced it as you wrapped your arms around his neck, nodding. "Yes!"

The worry vanished as soon as he was holding you in his strong hands."Really?"

"Yes!" You exclaimed and he laughed while his forehead pressed against yours.

He held you as he kissed you under the rain, and you kissed him back just as passionately, the drops of rain still falling on your faces.

When you parted, you both looked at each other and laughed. He offered you his hand once again. "Shall we now?"

"We shall!" You said, taking his hand and letting him lead you to his car.

He let go of your hand and, instead, wrapped his own around your waist which made you press closer to his side.

"Had enough of playing in the rain, huh?" He asked as he unlocked his car.

"You could say so." You chuckled before you both sat inside and Tony began to drive off.

Just a few minutes later, you were leaning against the front door of your apartment. Your eyes closed and your fingers touched your lips, still not believing the fact you were now dating Tony. The same man you previously hated. A grin made its way to your face at the thought and you opened your eyes to look at the window of your apartment, watching the rain falling on it, before you moved towards the shower to take off your soaked clothes.