Part 15

It was a few days later from the night of your date with Tony

It was a few days later from the night of your date with Tony. You were in your apartment and watching some show, eating a bag of chips when the doorbell rang.

After opening the door, you saw Shelley, a smile on her face as she looked you over.

"Shelley?" You asked in surprise.

"Are you not happy to see me?" She asked jokingly.

"No, just... surprised." You moved away, letting her inside.

"I was shopping close here, so I thought I'd come and visit you." She explained. "Also, I wanted to ask if you and Tony got through that list."

"Of course we did!" You answered as she sat down on the couch.

"Because if that's too much to ask, I get it, I'll just-"

"No, Shelley, of course it's not." You sat down next to her and took her hand in yours. "We'll help you in any way you need."

Shelley was about to say something when the sound of doorbell rang out again. You shared looks with Shelley.

"Are you expecting someone?"

"Not that I know of." You replied while getting up.

"Do I need to go?" She asked again.

"No, no. Just stay there. I'll be right back."

You stepped out in the hallway and opened the door, only to see Tony standing in front of the door. You almost gasped when you saw him, while he grinned at you. "Hello, dear."

"Tony?" You whispered.

"Why are you whispering?"

"What are you doing here?" You asked again in a whisper.

"I came to see my girlfriend. Am I not allowed to do that?" He retorted playfully and put his hands on your hips before he placed a kiss on your lips.

"OH MY GOD!" A scream coming from behind you made you both jump apart and look at Shelley, whose eyes were wide, her jaw almost on the floor.

Tony shared a look with you. "What is she doing here?"

"I'm sorry." You told him, eyes shut out of embarrassment.

"How... What... When did this happen?" She asked, quickly approaching you two.

"Can you come in, I don't think my neighbours want to hear about this?"You told Tony, who stepped in and closed the door.

"Are you two together?" Shelley asked when all three of you were in the living room and Tony was sitting next to you on the couch, while Shelley was sat on an armchair.

"Yes." Tony told her, wrapping his arm around your shoulders.

Shelley grinned. "How long?"

"Just a couple of days." You replied this time, as Tony began to draw patterns with his finger on your shoulder.

"I knew this would happen!" She exclaimed happily. "You two were being so suspicious."

"Really?" Your eyebrows furrowed in thought.

Shelley gave you a knowing look.

"Please don't tell anyone yet." You said. "We'd like to keep it private for now."

"Of course, you can count on me. I know how to keep a secret." She winked at you.

"Right." Tony said. "Now that the interrogation is over with, can I get some alone time with my girl?"

His words made your face feel suddenly warm and Shelley let out a squeal when she heard the nickname.

"I was just on my way out anyway."She said and got up, grabbing her bag, before taking another look at you and Tony, grinning from ear to ear. "Oh, you new couples are so cute. I love it."

"You're literally getting married in a few weeks." You said, rolling your eyes.

"I know. Anyway, I'm going now. No need to get up, I know where the door is." She said goodbye to you and left, the sound of the door being closed following.

You let out a giggle when Tony almost jumped on top of you, kissing all over your face. "God, I missed you."

"I missed you, too." You replied through your laugh. When he stopped, you placed your hands on either side of his face and rubbed his cheeks with your thumbs, feeling the stubble growing on his face. "You're not mad about her finding out, are you?"

"Shelley?" He asked and you nodded."I'm not mad. They'd find out anyway at some point."

A smile made its way to your face when he said it. "I didn't know she'd show up here."

"Honey, it's fine." He placed a kiss on your cheek. "Everything is fine. What are the chances they'll find out you're my student anyway? It's not like she sits down with Rhodey every night and discuss our lives. Shelley doesn't even know where I work, and I'm sure Rhodey doesn't know which university you're going to. I'd say we're safe."

"You're right. I'm just being paranoid."You said as Tony kissed down the side of your jaw.

"Do you know how hard it was to watch you all day today and not be able to touch you?" He said, thinking of earlier today, when all you could do during his lecture was exchange couple of glances.

"I think I have an idea." You mumbled out before Tony smashed his lips on yours.