Chapter 56 | "Anndddddd.... What Is Going On Here?!" ❤️

"What was she honestly wearing this time." Jesse came to a standstill after making sure all the creatures were, in fact, dead on the field. In the beginning, they learned to double-tap any creature; they got lucky that one particular time and it was something they now practised.

Dying wasn't an option at this point with rookie mistakes.

Pulling some of the internal spleens from one of the monsters off her chest, disgusted, she flicked it away from her and onto the barren ground before looking up to the men in front of her.

"That was definitely new," Toni offered curiously, placing the weapon into the holster across his back, "there would only be certain places that sold that attire and headgear."

"Track down what you can find," Matthew said, looking at Richie. He was smarter with that type of field than they were, and something he thrived in imports and exports regarding weapons and cargo, amongst other random objects.

Winking, Richie leered a bit more sneakily, "you really need to follow her one day, smack her or fuck her whatever that head tells you to do."

He knew that she got under his skin far more than anyone.

"I'll smack her head in to get a grip of herself," he hissed.

"Well, at least we cleared this area." Jesse returned to the conversation before them, continuing to find more spleen and guts, peeling them from her chest and stomach.

The dealings with Snow were nothing new; even if it always grated on a nerve somewhere within the man before her, it wasn't something they couldn't handle.

She, of all people, wasn't something they couldn't handle.

"You know, with all of this again," Toni offered casually in his thought process. "I'm thinking we really kick off the trials with the crystals and finding warriors to fight alongside us."

"You thinking this will get worse before it gets better?" Richie knew the answer before it came, "it's like murp-"

"-Don't, for the love of god, say it!"

"-why the fuck are you talking!"

"-Richie, not tonight, don't jinx it!"

"-y's law. This bad feeling, I'm telling ya that I'm getting-"

"-Richie, shut up!" Jesse's voice dominated the air, "I will throw more than my show at you next!"

Laughing at the riled-up woman, raising his hands in surrender, he offered one more piece of thought, "Ezra is almost inevitable."

It caught Matthew's attention, "for the annoying fucken dick that you are sometimes. You're right." Placing his sword to his back holster, he nodded to both Toni and Jesse now of Richie's statement.

"You've been thinking the same thing?" Jesse found it curious looking at Matthew, the same that kept control of them, the same that planned out many of the moves they made against Ezra.

"After the attacks on the moon and the constant pushback, we've been getting. I'm worried that we're underestimating her influence and alliances. It's coming to a real point where we look at the next phase of this war, even if I despise that thought."

"I agree with you. I do" Jesse nodded.

"But?" Toni cocked his head, knowing the tone she took.

"We should really discuss this with Cid," she offered, "it's something that we need to be on the same page with for all of this, us and the academies and all the soldiers. It won't be just us going to war; everyone will. It is bigger than all of us, regardless of what Cid thinks."