Chapter 75 | But Both Things Can Be True

"No," Mya retorted as she rummaged through the cupboards in her bedroom, with Jesse following her. "I just don't appreciate him sticking his nose into my business. His nose is highly out of joint because of Sawyer. He has no right to get involved in my relationship with him. Sawyer has been the first guy I've actually wanted to be serious with!"

Jesse exhaled, laying across Mya's bed with a tablet in hand, trying to follow the conversation of the angry woman. However, there was a repeated tangent of 'all the things that were wrong with Richie,' while Mya continued to search through her clothes for what she was looking for.

Jesse really hadn't cared for the millionth time during this particular rant. It was the same thing with no real substance besides the fact that they were both angry at each other.

Thankfully, a knock on the door interrupted the tirade. Mya's company grew as Jasmine and Eko both entered, sporting awkwardly large and very nervous smiles.

"As long as you're just here to be here and not lecture me," Mya said, focusing her attention on Jasmine, who waved her hands in defense.

"Just moral support, babe," Jasmine replied with a smile. "And to raid your shoe collection."

"Moral support as well!" Eko squeaked, raising her hands in solidarity.

Mya stepped away from the door and back into the room, with Eko following and Jasmine leading her towards the bed where Jesse was sitting and reading her tablet. Eko took a seat beside Jesse, allowing the red-haired soldier to prop herself up and readjust her body.

Laying her head then back down on Eko's legs, the two watched Jasmine, with ulterior motives, bend down in front of Mya's wardrobe and begin rummaging through her closet.

"I need your red open-toed Ferragamo's," Jasmine began, dismissing Mya, who stood there with folded arms, glaring at the woman and even more annoyed for going through her neatly stacked shoes. "I still can't believe you found a pair! Why did he have to die during the war? He made fabulous shoes."

"Jaz, you actually don't," Mya insisted, still highly strung from what had just happened. "They are my favorite pair. Do not touch them. Go find your own!"

"I don't have that kind of money! And you found these! These were essentially free, and I need them for the graduation!" Jasmine whined, trying to dig through Mya's closet between her own clothes and Mackenzie's.

It proved challenging amidst the chaos before her, even if Mya insisted that everything was categorized properly.

Structured chaos was not a proper organizational method.

"Graduation?" Eko asked between the girls. She felt Jesse look up at her, nodding, and it brought the sky blues of Eko's eyes down to her.

"First, there are war games as part of the cadets final training, which is actually starting tomorrow as we all know. So they all sign in, get prepped, yada, yada... Then there is the graduation for those that passed at the end of next week," Jesse explained.

"Right," Eko nodded.

"It's really a lovely event," Mya began, calmer than before, pushing Jasmine forward into her closet if only just to annoy her.

"Hey," Jasmine's high-pitched voice began, trying to gather herself before pulling back from Mya's rude attitude.

"Jesse runs the committee with Jasmine. Each year has been amazing!" Mya continued

"And this one will top it all," Jasmine, leaning on her knees, turned to the three women. "We're going with a masked event. We haven't done one of those in a while. I am soooo, utterly excited for this!"