Chapter 129 | November 19th | One Little Choice

Timeline - November 19th | ( 4 Days later)

Four days after Isis and Cid's arrival at Allegiant, Madison stood in the headmaster's office, her anger simmering just beneath the surface. The path that led her here had been deliberate and painstakingly executed. The disturbing revelation that their former headmaster had allied with their enemies, coupled with the fact that their adversaries knew their identities, only heightened Madison's fears. The weight of the situation was overwhelming, leaving her unable to conceive a more alarming turn of events.

As Madison lingered in the office, she reflected on recent developments while the background news reports recounted the latest attacks elsewhere in their world. The reports transported her back to the days following that fateful birthday party when the chaos had truly begun.

Her devastated cousin had returned to their dormitory, visibly shaken and inconsolable. Exhausted, hungover, and in desperate need of a shower, she had collapsed on the floor, breaking down in tears as she recounted the overwhelming events they had just experienced.

During their conversation, Madison unearthed crucial information that Sera had kept hidden until the burden of their situation became too great to ignore. She learned that the people her cousin had been involved with were crystal warriors, and the person she had referred to as Ace was actually Matthew.

This revelation, coupled with the fact that the vile creature she had been sharing a bed with and his companions controlled three additional crystals, marked a significant turning point. The final blow was the realization that their enemies were targeting Matthew, drawing Sera into the perilous situation through association. This discovery only intensified Madison's mounting agitation.

Madison's loathing for the man who had manipulated her cousin had always been intense, but now it had deepened further. The realization of how thoroughly Matthew had ensnared Sera, corrupting her and pulling her away from the only family she had left, was almost unbearable. Standing in Matthew's office, she silently hoped that her cousin had finally seen the truth. Armed with the knowledge of what had transpired on Creon, Madison knew she had to be strategic in every move from here on out.

The timing of her visit was deliberate. With most of the academy attending a fundraising festival in Isadora. Sera had mentioned that they couldn't cancel it at that point, and extra guards were put on duty for the event. The festival's diversion meant that the majority of the soldiers and warriors were away from their base, providing Madison with a rare chance to act.

Knowing what she knew now, particularly from Sera's breakdown about how Matthew had told her to leave, Madison had devised her plan. She decided that if she could secure the crystals for protection and retrieve the second transportation device she had discreetly hidden as a backup, she was confident that Matthew would let them leave without pursuing them.

With determination in her eyes, Madison moved through the quiet office. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the swipe card and codes she had stolen from Sera. Thanks to Sera's unrestricted access, she had full clearance for all of Allegiant's security features—a privilege granted by the man she had been sleeping with.

A smirk of satisfaction crossed her face as the cabinet clicked open, the panel sliding aside to reveal two dull, round crystals that barely responded to her touch. Undeterred, Madison's resolve only strengthened. "We're finally getting out of here," she whispered to herself, clutching the crystals tightly. "Let's go put you back on that throne where you belong."

***** *****

Matthew flashed a mischievous grin at Eko, setting the sleek, holographic menu down with a soft hum. The ambient light from the floating orbs above cast a dynamic glow that shifted colors, playing across his face and highlighting the mischief in his eyes. "Or we could just order dessert," he suggested, his gaze locking with hers, filled with a heat that made her breath hitch. "There are countless things we could do with dessert," he added, drumming his callused fingers on the transparent, illuminated table, the rhythmic sound blending with the soft hum of the glassware around them.