Chapter 149 | March 16th | The Publishing Houses

Timeline - March 16th | ( Next Morning)

Eko lounged on the couch, eagerly waiting for coffee from her fiancé after his training session with Toni. Her excitement was palpable as she listened intently to Jesse, who was reading aloud from the reports on the chaise next to her. Her hair was in charming disarray, and her snug white cotton robe added to her relaxed look.

Mya, comfortably nestled against her in a carefree manner, leisurely reclined even more. She idly played with the ends of Eko's tousled hair, resembling a bird's nest, while Jesse continued to read aloud in a teasing tone from one of the reports written by publishing houses that had covered them the previous night.

"Did they say anything at all about my dress?" Jasmine complained from the single-seater, her legs propped up on the coffee table, a glass of cold juice between her fingers as she sipped it slowly. Dressed in some thrown-on activewear, she was as much of a chaotic mess as any of the other girls.

"Ohhh, here's an article," Jesse snuggled into the lounge, "the gala returns as the elite don bold shimmery gilded era looks."

"That sounds like a good piece," Eko waved her hand, signaling to continue, then placed her arm over her head to block out the blaring light.

"How much did you drink last night?" Mya asked, trying to untangle Eko's messy plait.

"I don't think we slept," Eko replied, her voice muffled. "And for some reason, the guys wanted to train before coffee. I swear Matthew hasn't slept in like three days."

"Adrenaline and sweat to kick the alcohol," Jesse suggested, shaking her head. "I'm too far gone for that with my hangover."

"I saw Aiden hanging around after you decked him," Mya said, raising an eyebrow. Both she and Richie, along with Sawyer, had been fixated on Aiden's presence at the event. They all agreed that Aiden had been nothing but trouble all year with his possessiveness. Jesse's punch had seemed like a definitive end to their relationship.

They did not need dickface back in the picture. 

Jesse shrugged indifferently. "We talked after everything settled. We're in a better place now. It's totally fine."

"Don't tell me you're going to get back with him?" Eko muttered, her arm still draped over her head. "Didn't you punch him in the face because he was being a complete fucking asshole?"

"She did that because he wanted her to stop being herself—bossy and in charge," Mya clarified, rolling her head to look at the red-haired girl, who simply glared back at her.

"He's just really good at sex, isn't he?" Jasmine cut straight to the point, her eyes narrowed suspiciously. "You slept with him, and he's just good in bed? You're in a relationship with his dick and that's it, huh?"

Jesse ignored the question, focusing on the tablet. "Anyway, Kaydence Whitnor shut down the gala red carpet Thursday in one of Marilyn's most iconic dresses—"

"She was absolutely divine," Jasmine smirked, letting the previous conversation slide. "Best headmistress around! So, we're assuming you slept with him last night, then? Like how big is he dick are we talking? Or a grower not a shower?"

Jesse raised her voice over Jasmine's lingering question, "—a gold-beaded body hugger. Monroe wore it when she was sexily singing 'Happy Birthday' to the King twenty-five years ago. Whitnor had to lose sixteen pounds just to fit into it."

"How much is that in normal metrics?" Mya muttered.

"It's about seven or eight kilograms," Eko waved her hand dismissively. "Seriously, where is the coffee?"