Chapter 100 | A Perfectly Ruined Thing

Eko was stunned as Mya swung at Gracie, causing her to stumble and lose her bearings. The scene seemed to move in slow motion, the sound of the impact reverberating in Eko's ears. Mya's eyes blazed with a fury that Eko had never seen before.

"I warned you!" Mya yelled angrily, her voice cracking with emotion. "I fucking warned you with this!"

Eko and Jesse were both speechless, their shock mirrored in each other's eyes. Jesse quickly stepped forward to take control of the escalating situation, her movements deliberate and tense. Gracie, however, refused to back down, her defiance only adding fuel to the fire.

"Ladies, stop it!" Jesse shouted, trying to calm things down.

"You're an absolute psycho, Mya!" Gracie screamed, nearly lunging at the raven-haired woman. Jesse dashed from beside Eko and intervened, positioning himself between the girls to keep them apart. "I will wipe that smug look off your face!"

An uproar of screaming followed, and the voice next to Eko caused her to jump nearly out of her skin. She turned to see Jasmine watching in disbelief as the girls tried to get past Jesse to go at one another. The scene was chaotic, emotions running high, and the tension was eclipsing rationality.

The crowd around them thickened, whispers and gasps spreading like wildfire. "What's happening?" Jasmine asked with a raised eyebrow.

Eko muttered, "I don't know," her voice trailed off. She felt a knot of anxiety , before she could say more, Mya erupted in another fit of screaming.

"Mya!" Jesse exclaimed, horrified by her friend's behavior. He turned to Gracie, trying to de-escalate the situation. "Gracie, just step back for a moment."

"Keep your gossiping mouth shut! Or I'll make sure your face is permanently disfigured with the next hit!" Mya shouted, her voice raw with emotion. It was clear that this outburst was about more than just a simple argument—there were deep, unresolved emotions at play, emotions that had been bubbling beneath the surface for too long.

"Mya!" Jesse exclaimed, her voice breaking through the tension like a whip. "Stop it!"

But Gracie wasn't finished. "Richie was too good for you, and you know it!" she spat back, her voice dripping with scorn and bitterness.

"Oh, fuck," Jasmine gasped, shocked and speechless, joining Eko in gasping at the unfolding events. The crowd around them murmured in shock until a deafening silence fell, the kind of silence that only comes when something irreversible has been said or done.

"Both of you, walk away!" Jesse hissed.

Mya's posture remained rigid, her fists clenched at her sides, her body trembling with the effort to hold herself back.

"No, she started this!" Gracie tried to push forward, but a friend of hers held her wrist, preventing her from escalating the situation. This restraint only caused Mya to barge forward, her anger boiling over.

Jesse immediately intervened, pushing Mya backward. "It doesn't matter who started it. Just walk away and cool down," she said, her voice still calm but forceful.

"And I will end it with you," Mya spat, still fuming. Her words were a desperate attempt to reclaim some semblance of control over a situation that had long spiraled out of her grasp.

"I was just stating the truth! Richie was too good for her!" Gracie defended herself, her voice rising with indignation. The comment hit a nerve, and Mya lunged forward, fists swinging as she tried to break past Jesse, who was screaming at them both to stop.

"I WILL RIP YOUR HAIR OUT YOU LITTLE FUCKING BITCH!" Mya screamed.

The crowd around them continued to grow, their collective curiosity and concern heightening the already charged atmosphere. Whispered speculations and gasps filled the air, creating a backdrop of tension.