Chapter 17 | "You Really Are A Different Person With Some Coffee."

Eko squealed louder than she ever had before in her life, instantly throwing the tablet from her body, utterly embarrassed at what she had said out loud. The tablet's crushing sound meant it had smashed heavily against the ground. It left Mya leaning against the doorframe, perplexed at what startled the woman before her and why she had thrown the tablet in response to all things.

"It's just me," she laughed, "I heard you talking to yourself." Pushing herself from the door frame, Eko watched as she strolled towards the broken tablet.

"You just ah- scared me... snuck up on me, really, to be honest."

The high ponytailed woman, slick and athletic in her black soldier's suit, bent down, picking up the destroyed tablet that barely even looked like a tablet anymore from the floor, and studied it momentarily before directing her attention to Eko, holding up the offending object.

"Were you looking at porn?" She raised an eyebrow accusingly.

Eko chuckled nervously, "not porn. Why would you first think it was porn, Mya? Why is that even your first thought?"

"The way you acted," she shrugged as she threw the tablet onto the bed. "Very suspicious. Your cheeks are red. Hence I assumed it was porn."

"My cheeks, naturally, just, you know. They go red like any normal person, and secondly... isn't it early to be stalking me in this manner?"

"You were talking to yourself."

"And that's a crime these days?"

Again she shrugged; she really didn't care.

"I'll get you the uniform you'll need for today." And with the softest tap of her flats, she exited the room leaving Eko to her own devices.

The said brunette leaned into the pillows. The brunette grasped the second pillow beside her, covered it over her face, and half screamed into it. That seriously did not just happen!

---- ----

Mya returned sometime later when the morning had broken, a standard uniform in hand, and Eko took a wild punt that was the same as the one she had been wearing. What she was more excited about was that she also had two takeaway coffee cups.

"Here," she offered, handing Eko the coffee. "Cappuccino. I assume you wouldn't mind. There isn't much variety living on base."

"So, I assume you needed coffee to be a decent human being?"

"It's been a long night, do not start." Mya's condescending tone began having glared at the brunette. With an indignant exhale, she threw the uniform on the bed, "get dressed. We're leaving in forty-five minutes."

Eko took a sip of the beautiful substance that electrified her core when it hit her lips. She savoured the heavenly taste for a few moments before placing it on the table beside her.

Mya watched as the woman scurried from the bed with the uniform in hand and made her way to the adjoined bathroom. It allowed her to take a long sip of her coffee before she collapsed into the comfortable grey high back fabric chair.

This life-saving substance was only now hitting her core, and she found herself snuggling into the chair, the coffee cup grasped to her chest. It had been a long twenty-four hours, and she barely had slept, so right now, while the woman who had a death sentence had been in the bathroom getting ready, she could have a cat nap.

Just for five minutes.

Mya drifted off, somewhere between a ringing of laughter on a warm summer's day and an icy chill of being submerged into ice that plagued her.