Chapter 64 | September 21st | Where There Was Love, There Was History

Timeline - September 21st | (2 Days Later)

Matthew was blissfully unaware of his surroundings moved with an air of distraction, seemingly lost in his own thoughts as he made his way toward the headmaster's office in the gentle glow of the early morning.

Within the recesses of his mind, recent moments played on a loop, with a particular emphasis on the last twenty-four hours. He couldn't shake off the image of narrowly escaping Madison walking in on them, a situation that had been teetering on the edge of awkwardness.

Sneaking through various rooms and quietly disappearing afterward, he caught fragments of Eko's awkward explanation for being up at that ungodly hour. His life seemed a constant juggling act, alternating between these clandestine encounters and the relentless pursuit of savage creatures unleashed by Ezra's machinations.

Matthew harbored no illusions about how Ezra might have received his message, especially when Lara went back to her. The escalating frequency of their recent fights added weight to that assumption. Yet, amid the storm of discord, there was an anchor: the anticipation of seeing Eko's face afterward. The sheer beauty and complexity in her expression had a transformative effect, rendering every challenge, every hardship, into something he could endure with.

----- -----

"Hi, beautiful."

"Hey, you," she whispered, a blush tinting her cheeks as she placed the hand towel on a nearby table. Little did he know, she had managed to clean the blood off her hands just in time before his arrival, discreetly pushing it aside so he couldn't catch a glimpse of the vivid red stain.

Eko greeted him with her radiant smile, a smile she couldn't hide even if she tried.

"This is becoming a nightly habit," she coyly remarked.

"Is there a problem with that?" the smug question came. 

"No," she answered, stepping into the embrace of his toned, muscular body that she had so rightly missed, "there definitely isn't."

An electrifying atmosphere enveloped them; Eko could feel her heart pounding in her chest as his smile broadened, and the intoxicating thought consumed her. Biting her lip, desire for the man siezed her.

Their breaths quickened, and in an instant, he surged forward, gripping her hips while his hands tangled in her hair, claiming her mouth in a fervent kiss.

She found herself pressed against the bathroom vanity, the forceful impact causing the glass to splinter beneath her back. Their mouths locked in a fierce, passionate kiss, and he moaned into her mouth while one of his hands tangled in her hair, pulling her head back as they savored each other.

"I want you to beg me," Eko managed to whisper amid the intensity.

"If you keep moaning like that, you're going to wake everyone else up," he retorted, tightening his grip on her hair, eliciting a yelp from her.

Matthew was enveloping her, consuming her entirely—staking a claim that left her bewildered by her own surrender, a perplexing sensation that lingered in her thoughts.

"God, who cares. Let them hear you," Eko moaned, and he succumbed to her command, losing himself entirely in the moment. "Least they know someone around here is getting some dick."

--- ---

The man smiled as the memory took a carnal turn, realizing he was reminiscing about the events from hours ago.

Matthew had made sure she felt every part of her body that he had explored. He desired her to be so spent that the thought of seeking satisfaction from anyone else wouldn't even cross her mind.