A Happy Moment (Part Two)

"Wait, how were you going to show me you were gay?" I questioned, moving further away from Jordan as my heartbeat quickened and my stomach began to wind its way around itself again.

"Jesus, Pete!" Jordan began to laugh and only after a few moments was he able to recompose himself again. "I have a boyfriend. Get your mind out of whatever crevasse it's in!"

"What? No! I just... It wasn't in a crevasse!" I defended, trying to bring my mind on track.

I wouldn't admit it to Jordan, but my mind had jumped to a very graphic image that I wish it hadn't.

"I can see why you and Blaire get on so well. I've had to endure her talking about guys in detail for a very long time. It's... disturbing sometimes." Jordan shivered, clearly thinking about something Blaire had said, and I could only imagine what it could be.

"Yeah, she can get very... graphic."

"Extremely," Jordan agreed, before studying me, making me feel self-conscious.

"Do I have something on my face?" I asked, pulling even further away from Blaire's brother.

"No, no. I just didn't realise how cute you were until now. You'll be having all the boys tripping over you soon." Jordan shot me another gleaming smile, and I could feel my face flush red.

I had never considered myself cute, or anything even remotely close to that, but now the epitome of a hot jock was calling me cute?

"I'm not... uh, thanks, but I'm—" I stuttered, wanting to disappear on the spot.

Apart from that time Donny's sister, Georgie, had asked me out, I hadn't been complimented by someone outside of my family in my life. And to be fair, Georgie didn't count, as the compliment had been very backhanded.

"All right, Pete, don't short-circuit on me," Jordan said with a laugh, thankfully cutting off my rambling. "If I knew you were going to get like that, I wouldn't have said anything."

"Well, now you know for next time," I murmured, trying to get the heat to leave my face, but to no avail. "Plus, coming from you, it is a little creepy."

"You don't get complimented a lot, do you?" Jordan asked, ignoring my last comment.

"Why would I?" I asked, but I regretted it instantly, as the look on Jordan's face could've killed a wild cat.

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that, and I'm going to get straight into my presentation." Jordan shook his head before getting up and walking over to his cupboard. As he opened it and pulled something out of one of the drawers, he turned back toward me. "Or should I say, gay to the presentation?"

"No. No, you should not say that," I said bluntly, and Jordan rolled his eyes, walking back over to the bed. "That was a terrible joke," I continued, glad that the initial shock of the compliment before had faded.

"You're just jealous you didn't think of it," Jordan said, pulling a face at me before resting a book on his lap.

"I can assure you that I'm not. What's that?" I asked, going to open the book but getting my hand slapped away.

"Patience." Jordan raised a finger at me, and we stayed in silence for a moment before he slowly moved and opened the book.

"Oh, it's a photo album," I stated, and I caught Jordan shaking his head again. "What?"

"No, it's a giraffe."

"No need to be a dick," I said with a chuckle before reading the cursive writing on the title page of the album.