This Is Us

This Is Us

My hand tingled as Leroy's thumb grazed over the top of it, running over my knuckles—his other fingers wrapping gently around mine. It wasn't something I was used to, considering it had only been an hour since we fucking kissed.

It had only been an hour since everything else melted away as we sat together under the light of fireworks, and I had gotten what I had wanted for a long time.

Leroy.

"So, are you guys, like, a thing now?" Andy asked, leaning across the table and in front of Blaire to look at us better.

It hadn't been long after Leroy and I had shared our kiss, that we decided we should head to the school to collect my car. Along with the others.

I would've loved to stay on the roof with Leroy, relishing in his warmth and company, but we both knew we couldn't. At least, at that moment.

There would be plenty of time for that later.

We both decided we would at least take our time on the way to the school, walking together under the moonlight with our hands linked together. I had let the group know I was on my way back, so we didn't have to worry about getting interrupted.

We could enjoy each other's company. And we did.

Once we had reached the school and found Andy, Blaire, and Cooper, we headed to my car, which—fortunately—was no longer boxed in.

The whole time Leroy and I never let go of each other's hands, and as several eyes remained on us, I squeezed his hand to let him know he was okay. We were okay.

Of course, that didn't stop either of us from wanting to get the hell out of there and, thankfully, we were, and soon after we all sat in The Coffee House while Leroy and I told the others what happened.

It proved to be very difficult at first as we had to avoid all the teachers, due to Leroy not being allowed there. Then we realised that this was it. We wouldn't have to come back to high school. Screw the teachers.

After we had found everyone—Andy, Blaire, Cooper—we all headed out to my car. Thankfully, Carly couldn't come with us as there was no room, and we were soon at The Coffee House with Leroy and I telling the others what had happened.

"Dude, personal space," Blaire grunted, pushing Andy back into the corner of the booth, against the window. "Why do I have to sit in the middle? Why do you two get one side of the table all to yourselves?"

Blaire looked over at Leroy and me, and we shrugged.

"Well, you're the smallest, that's why you're in the middle," Leroy said a matter of factly.

"And we're..." I started but trailed off, looking at Leroy, who turned to me and smiled.

"Dating?" Cooper asked, resting his hands on the table in front of him, next to Blaire's.

"We haven't really talked about it," I said, and Leroy nodded at my words. "We've just kissed."

"Was there tongue?" Andy asked, and Blaire slapped his arm.

"Andy! Inappropriate!"

I could feel my face heat up at Andy's words, and I could see Leroy start to blush.

"What? If they used tongue or not is a great way to see if they're ready to date!"

"Really? Have you tongued Carly?" Blaire asked, and everyone turned to look at her.

"You do realise how horrible what you just said was, right?" I asked, and Cooper and Leroy chuckled.

"I know. I heard it straight away."