8.

Standing near the mirror, she saw how weak she was. Well why not? after all she was a girl , Whatever happens, no one will give justice to her.

Suddenly she saw herself in the mirror, who was standing with a smile, beautiful red suit and open hair. Whereas she was wearing the white suit, with swollen eyes, scars on her face and a sad face.

"Itna udaas kyu baithi hai? ja! yahan rone se accha, Court ka darwaza khatkhta! tujhe yaad hai? Nirbhaya? 7 saal ! 7 saal bad use insaf mila Zoya. Pura desh ek joot ho gya tha uske liye. to tu kyu dar rahi hai? Dag tujh par nahi, us par lagna chaiye Zoya! aise mat baith ki sab khatam ho gya hai!, Kyunki usne tujhe barbaad nahi kiya Zoya. usne nahi kiya".

She saw her old self speaking, the fearless, the pride of her parents speaking, so why is she sitting like that?

(Why are you sitting like that? Go! Rather than crying, go to the court! You remember, Nirbhaya? 7 years! It took her 7 years for justice. The whole country became one for her. Then why are you scared? He's the one at fault, not you! Don't sit here like everything is over! He's not the one who ruined you Zoya, he's not.)

"Sahi kaha tumne usne mujhe barbaad nhi kiya,  balki usne apni barbaadi ka swagat kiya hai". she said and stood up.

(You're right he didn't ruin me, but he has called the storm all by himself.)

"I'm not a coward! that I'll sit here and cry and the one who is the sinner sitting there watching me cry! Usne galti ki hai , aur main use galti ki Saza zaroor dungi". she said while making her way out of her room.

(He did a mistake, and I'll punish him for that.)

She got down and saw her mom sitting there while cutting the vegetables like a dead soul, she won't leave the one who made her mom smile vanish like that.

"Ammi?".

"Zoya, beta tu nicche kyu aayi!?".

(Why did you came down stairs!?)

"Chlo".

(Let's go)

"Kahan beta?".

(Where?)

"kisi ko barbaad karna hai".

(To destroy someone.)

•••

Police station

"ji Aap chinta mat kijiye. apki beti ko insaf zaroor milega, apki beti bohot nidar hai. Varna kuch ladkiyan toh apne insaf ke liye awaz tak nhi udhati". the lady officer said.

(Yes don't worry. Your daughter will surely get justice, your daughter is very fearless. Orelse some girls won't even raise their voice against it.)

"Mam, mujhe pakka insaf milega?". she asked with a whisper.

(Mam, I'll surely seek justice?)

"Zoya agar khuda chahta hai to zaroor, maine aisa isliye kaha kyunki jiske khilaf tumne complaint kari hai vo minister ka beta hai, and minister use bahar nikalne ke liye kuch bhi kar sakte hai".

(Zoya if god wants them surely, I said this because you have filed a complaint against minister's son, and he would do anything to get his son out from the jail.)

"Chahe use saza main dun ya khuda de baat to ek hi hai."

(Whether he's punished by me or god it's one and the same thing.)