16.

He entered his room and was welcomed by the silence. he sat with a thud on his bed but as it was soft like feather it didn't affected him even an inch.

but

what she said has disturbed him so much that her words were ringing in his mind like an alarm again and again.

She was right.

he was nothing.

he was everything just because of his father.

People are scared of him.

but

they don't respect him?

he was in his own thoughts but just then there was a knock on the door. which made him annoyed.

He got up furiously and was ready to yell at the person standing in front but he stopped.

"Mom?". he whispered.

"What's all this Asim?". she asked and he looked down not able to explain her anything.

"Beta, if you'll say something then only I can find the solution right?". she said while caressing his cheeks.

"When Mr.Khalid is not doing anything what can you do?".

"he's not doing anything? what do you mean?". she asked with a confused expression.

"he only cares about his damn chair and elections but not about his own blood".

"It's okay. Now I came. now you can tell me". she said and he nodded.

"Ok so come down we have to talk to you about something." she said making him confuse.

"about what?".

"It's something related to you, just come down". she said while leaving him alone.

"Related to me?". he whispered.

For your kind of information she's his step mother. about his real mother you will get to know through the chapters followed by this one.

And

If you were wondering why she was talking to him so sweetly. the reason is that she loves Asim like his own child but she can't shout or slap him for whatever he did because she's not allowed to do that.

And probably she doesn't care about that.

He wore his black hoodie and while coming down he saw his father and step mother sitting in the living room. He went down.

"Oh Asim came, come here and sit." she said while gesturing her hands towards one of the seats.

He sat down and picked up the glass of water for drinking but before drinking he asked.

"what did you wanted to talk about?". he asked while drinking and after drinking he started to twirl it lightly around his hand.

"We fixed your marriage with Sajal". his father said making him glare at him.

"Ya, sajal is a really nice girl I have been seeing her since Like past 4 years. she would look so cute with our asim. right asim--". she was cut off and she flinched as he got up and threw the glass of water shattering it into pieces.

"ASIM!!". his father got up.

"WHAT!? WHEN I SAID I DONT WANT THAT GIRL CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!!?". he yelled at him.

"ASIM!! SLOW DOWN YOUR VOICE IN FRONT OF ME!!! IM YOUR FATHER!!".

"AREE KOI KEH DENE SE BAAP THODI NA BAN JATA HAI!!". he yelled back.

(SO WHAT!?)

"ASIM!!!". his father raised his hand to slap him.

but

his mother stood infront of him and shook her head.

"Asim beta go. we'll talk about it later". she said while pushing him a little and he went away with a last glare.

•••

Zoya got down from the terrace after leaving some clothes to dry as it was a sunny day.

She saw Humna and her mom sitting near the dinning table she went close to them and while smiling she sat down.

"Thank god, I finally saw your smile". Humna said making her smile widely.

"My daughter looks so beautiful while smiling". she said while admiring her daughter's beauty.

"Thank you to both of you and I'm here to talk about some things". she said making them confuse.

"what?".

"Ammi ,I have decided to work on 2 places". she said making them confuse again.

"Zoya what do you mean?".

"See right now by my this job I'm not getting to much money so I'm thinking to do one more job."

"Zoya are you mad or what?".

"Right! working of a one person at 2 places is not possible beta."

"It is Ammi. Just give me a chance."

"But zoya it's not the right time--".

"what right time Humna? huh? which time? now I should sit at home because of him? now I don't want to waste my precious time because of him".

"Zoya I don't have any problem with your working at 2 places but I'm just scared that Asim would--". she interrupted her.

"Ammi even if he came in front of me nothing will happen and I'm not a coward like him". she said while smiling.

"Allah has seen everything. now whatever he chooses for me I believe in my khuda. he will give me my justice."

Mera Khuda meri mohobbat.

(My lord, my love.)

•••

So how was it?

Fill your thoughts in the comments section.

Follow me on instagram.

🔗 link in bio