34.

What happened guys? Is the book boring?
You're not giving votes like past months. I'm trying to give you as many as chapters I can this week.

Humna ran towards her room all wet as she got drenched in the rain. She ran upstairs but was bumped by Zoya on her way.

She looked at her and asked.

"Why are you wet? You went outside?".

"Uh yea actually Jiya wanted to talk a-about something".

"About what?".

"Umm a-actually she was talking about something related to...to..her mom ya her mom!". Her voice was trembling and this made Zoya confused.

"Why are you looking so nervous?".

"I..I am not nervous..I'm just f-feeling cold".

She sighed in relief.

"Ok go change and till then let me make coffee". She said and went away.

Humna ran to her room and closed the door. She leaned on it and slid down while letting her tears flow down.

"Why am I-I so weak?". She sobbed as her shoulders trembled.

"W-why am I not s-trong like you zoya". She sniffled and bowed her head down in shame.

"Why can't I face people like you? W-why can't I be brave?". She cried keeping her hand on her mouth.

She tried to shut her muffle cries.

She stood up and went inside the washroom after taking her spare clothes from the cupboard.

She took a bath and then came out all fresh. she kept the dirty clothes in the laundry and her phone rang and she picked it up.

"Hello?".

"Hello humna?". This voice made her wanted to shout at him.

"Humza from where did you get my number!?".

"Humna scold me as much as you want but let me complete what I am saying".

"from where did you got my number!? I told you right that I don't even want to see your face!".

"Humna I have my ways..first listen--". She interrupted him.

"Do you think I don't know what's going on!? I know you and Asim are planning to do something again!".

"Humna why are you yelling?".

"Then what should I do!? First him and then you!".

"Humna I'm doing this for you".

"Thank you so much but I don't need your help! So please don't even dare to call me again!". She said she switched off her phone.

She ran her fingers through her wet hair and sighed.

She dried her hair with a hair dryer and then went outside her room. She went downstairs and saw Zoya waiting for her and two cups of coffee kept on the table.

"Come have it". She said with a smile.

Humna came and sat down quietly. She just has to make sure that Zoya should not know where she was in these past few hours.

"Zoya when will Ammi come?". She asked as she took a sip from her cup.

"I made a phone call to her and she said she will reach after the rain is stopped".

She nodded and continued drinking her coffee.

Zoya was trying to stitch the button which got detached from her kurta this morning because of her stupid clumsy hand.

"I'll wash these". Humna said while taking the cups to the kitchen.

"Okay!!!".

After washing the cups she went upstairs in her room to do some work as she has a lot of pending work of last week.

"Its done". Zoya said and got up from the chair folding the kurta neatly.

She got a phone call and she picked it up.

"Hello?".

"Hello zoya?".

"Humza? Why the hell did you call me!?". She whispered yell at him.

"Zoya see I will come straight to the point---". She interrupted him.

"Oh yea I know what is it. That my life is in danger and I should stay safe".

"Zoya at least hear me once--".

"I dont want to!!".

She was about to cut the line but she stopped as she heard him saying.

"Asim called humna".

"What?".

"Yes he did! I saw her running outside while crying." She shook her head and said.

"I don't believe you!".

"If you don't believe me go ask your sister! Ask her!".

She didn't answer and cut the line.

She replayed the scene when humna bumped into her. Her clothes were wet and hair too and her eyes were red too. So is he saying the truth?

She ran upstairs towards humna's room and when she entered she saw her doing her work on laptop.

"I want to talk to you". She looked up at her confused.

"What happened?".

She sat near the bed just beside her and said.

"I should be the one asking that humna".

"I dont understand what you're saying?". She asked confused.

"Where did you went today?".

She froze.

She didn't knew zoya would suddenly come up with this question.

"I told you I went to Riya's home".

She narrowed her eyes.

"But you said jiya".

At that moment she knew,

she f***** up.

"Umm yea jiya actually so many things are there in my head so--". She interrupted her.

"You swear on my life humna tell me where did you go?".

Now what can she do? She can't lie.

"He called you?". She asked and she looked down and nodded.

"and you didn't even told me?".

"Zoya I'm sorry I didn't wanted to bother you". She said as he eyes got moist.

"Why did he called you?".

"Zoya he was asking for Ruposh's information".

"What?".

"I'm scared if he did something to them". She shook her head and then replied.

"He won't".

She got up and went out from her room. she turned and locked the door so she wouldn't come out.

He really wants to know?

Right!

She came downstairs and went outside and didn't care that it was still raining. She kept walking till she reached where she wanted to.

When she reached she didn't hesitate to go inside the guards tried to stop her but she entered without even sparing them a look from her eyes.

She saw a women in her 40s. She was dressed nicely.

"Salam".

She greeted.

"Salam. Who are you?". She asked politely.

"Your son knows me very well."