23.

Humna's Pov

Everytime I look at myself in the mirror. I regret everything that I did. I did so many mistakes in my life but meeting him was my biggest one.

My first mistake was talking to Humza.

My second mistake was to accept his proposal.

My third mistake was to avoid his every single mistake.

My last mistake was to agree for the marriage with him.

I don't know why my fate never stays with me in my good time. Today because of me only Zoya has to go from so many hardships.

What she told me that day was right. That if I had bad days I have to move forward, I don't need to think about those days and stick to them.

I still remember how my friends used to tease me about me and Humza having a similar name. Back then he was having the same taste in everything but I didn't knew he was going to be the worst part in my life.

Humza was a chapter in my life that I don't want to read anymore. I need to choose and read a new chapter.

And that new chapter is Zaheer.

Honestly, Zaheer is the nicest guy I have ever met. he is an IAS and his family is also very nice to me.

Ruposh is also perfect for Zoya, he is really nice, I Know he's going to keep her happy. I was also shocked at first when I saw that Zoya was ready to marry him.

She didn't even saw his face and she agreed for the marriage on the spot. I know what happened to her was really traumatizing.

But she's not stupid.

She knows what is right and wrong for her but suddenly taking a decision of marrying someone whom she has not even met once.

Is something going on in her mind?

Maybe I'm just over thinking about everything. I should focus on myself and my family now. After all I'm the elder girl and if I'm weak then how can I keep my family strong?

suddenly I got a phone call which I picked up.

"Hello?".

"Humna?".

It was a familiar voice.

"Yes, who's it?"

"It's Zaheer actually I wanted to check if this is your number only".

Oh! so it's him.

"It's OK. now I have your phone number with me too."

"Hmm. How are you?".

"I'm fine as usual".

"Actually I heard about your incident with that guy Humza. I hope you're ok to marry me".

"Yes I am ready and I don't have much time to waste on that guy anymore".

"Nice then, well I wanted to ask something to you".

"Sure ask". I said.

"Will you go on a date with me?".

My heart skipped a beat.

"Huh?".

"It's ok if you don't feel comfortable about it, I understand". He said with a hint of panic.

"No Zaheer, I never said no about it." I said with a smile.

"So you agree on it?".

"Yes". I don't know why but I could feel his happiness from the phone call only.

"Ok umm I then-- I mean I will pick you up at 7:00PM ok?". I smiled and replied.

"Yup, I'll be ready". and with that I kept the phone back on the table.

But

wait!

DATE!

which means I need to look good in front of him. Arghhhh! I'm always bad at picking up dresses. I guess Zoya is going to help me today also.

I quickly ran down stairs and saw her glaring at her phone. I felt something is odd so I went towards where she was sitting and asked.

"Zoya? everything all right?". She looked up and quickly got up.

"Ya umm do you want something?".

"Can you select my clothes for me."

"Wait why?".

"I have to go on a date with Zaheer". I said with a shy smile.

"Ok so--wait! what!? Is this my Humna only, right!?". she asked while holding my cheeks in disbelief.

"Yes I am. Now come on' I only have 1 hour to get ready!". I said pulling her with me to my room.

•••

"What do you mean by we can't find her!?". Asim asked with frustration.

"Sir, we can't even trace her number. she has changed her number and she didn't even told her neighbours about her whereabouts." The person standing in front of him replied.

"You people are just useless!". he mumbled.

"I don't know what you do but I just want her in front of me. you want to take extra money then take but I want Zoya here!". he yelled and dismissed him.

He ran his finger through his hair and looked at Kunal who was quietly standing there.

"You're here from past 1 hour. Everyone is trying to find her then why are you dancing over my head!?".

"I'm not dancing, I'm just standing here. It's not like if I am also gonna work on finding her then she'll be found. there are so many people working on it. she will be found". he said shrugging his shoulder.

"Hmm, I forgot you only have excuses".

Kunal rolled his eyes.

"Where is Humza? I have not seen him from a while".

"I don't know either maybe the thing which happened with you--leave it!". he said.

"Speak up". Asim said playing with the paper weight.

But it fell down when he said.

"Maybe he would have also fell in love with Humna".

•••

So how was it?

Leave you thoughts in the comment section.

Stay tuned!

Follow me on instagram.

🔗 link in bio