Chapter 47

He felt almost giddy. As he continued the course of the medication, he started getting a bit more energetic. He still got tired from time to time, but it was nowhere near as bad.

Now he had energy. Energy to get out of bed and brush his teeth, energy to walk down the street and not worry about falling over, energy to talk to someone and not run out of air, etc. He had missed this.

He slept better, he felt better, he was doing better. He hadn't thought that he would live to tell the tale.

The one thing was though, Jin couldn't bear looking at himself in the mirror. It still hurt. There were still a million flaws that he saw and it bothered him to see it. When he checked his weight, it took him some time to get over the initial disappointment.

He tried to reflect on those feelings. Why was he unhappy? Did he not remember what had happened to him for so long? He wouldn't fall for this again. Not again. He had already sacrificed so much time.

---------

Jin had been meaning to do it for so long, but he finally got around to doing it today. He had saved the napkin where Kibum had given him his number and today, he decided to text him for the first time.

He wondered if Kibum even remembered him. Maybe he didn't want to be friends with Jin anymore. Maybe he had been too affected by Jinki's death to do anything. Maybe... maybe...

Without thinking, he pressed send. He had nothing to lose, he figured.

--------

Kibum

hey, i was just wondering if you're down to talk one day. sorry that its been so long. this is jin.

unread messages

OH

JIN

sorry, i didn't recognize your number at first

yes ofc we can talk

how are you doing btw?

its been ages

-------

Oh, so it had worked out well.

When he saw the texts the next morning, he could've sworn that he nearly could've cried. He did have friends of his own. He didn't need to be so dependent on the members.

People did remember him. That was such a lovely feeling.

-------

im doing well!

how are you? and the others?

sorry, i dont think i ever got their numbers or even if i did, i lost them so

yea

oh i'll give them to you, don't worry

im doing pretty good

Jonghyun got a chance to star on this singing show, i mean, I'll let him explain the rest of it

taemin and minho are pretty good