Chapter 16

Jungkook had always been a quiet person

Jungkook had always been a quiet person. He was loud and noisy when he had to be, but most of the time, he kept himself busy in his thoughts and dreams. He preferred to look around and observe rather than talk. When he had first arrived at Big Hit, people had told him he was too shy. Now, many years later, he had lost most of the uncomfortable shyness, but the introverted side of him remained dominant.

As a plus for him, he had grown to become very observant. He could detect the smallest change in any of his hyungs. They had raised him after all, so he knew them well.

Out of the six of them, one person who stood out was Jin. The eldest had done a lot for him when he was younger, including driving him to school, helping him sleep when the maknae had nightmares and even convincing him to stay after a bad practice experience. Maybe the years had passed now, maybe Jungkook was more known for being a "bully" to Jin to the public now, but the old feelings remained. He was still in awe of Jin.

Jungkook didn't and would never forget the things Jin had done for him. He never made it vocal, but the maknae tried his best to help Jin, whether it be buying him a meal or encouraging him after a hard day.

Jin, for the most part, was pretty chill. Of course he had his moments when he pulled out his hyung card and demanded that everybody listen to him, but in general, he let the wind decide his course, as he leaned back. If Jungkook could describe him, he was the laid back type.

Jin never stressed about anything.

So that's why it struck Jungkook as concerning when, all of a sudden, Jin seemed to be on edge around them. The eldest seemed nervous about something. His eyes always darted around the room nervously when there was some talk of food going around, and Jungkook also hadn't missed the way Jin seemed to be hiding himself when he had to eat.

Sometimes, Jungkook pondered the thought that maybe Jin had become more food-conscious, maybe he was genuinely trying to eat less. But that most likely wouldn't be the case. Jin loved to eat. He didn't give a living crap about his diet, and that's why Jungkook was so worried. He knew something was wrong. It wasn't normal to panic around food like that.

It had crossed his mind many times to ask Jin about this whole matter, but the eldest brushed it off every single time. Any time anybody mentioned anything about "food" or "diet" in front of him, Jin lifted up his arm, waved it dismissively, and copy-pasted his trademark smile on his face. But that wasn't fooling Jungkook.

Jin was always gone early in the mornings to vocal practice and he came back very late with Hoseok after his extra dance practice. Jungkook barely even had time to talk to him.

This had happened before, Jungkook knew. It hadn't been too long ago where Jin had tried to skip breakfast and practice like a maniac. The maknae could only hope it wasn't turning out worse.

But if the others thought that Jin's self-esteem would recover that quickly, then they were wrong. Maybe only Jungkook understood so far, but he certainly wouldn't let himself be the last.