Chapter 3

Warning: throwing up scenes
-------

Hot steam from the shower had collected on the mirror

Hot steam from the shower had collected on the mirror. Jin stepped out, throwing a towel around his waist. The scale was in the corner.

For a few days now, Jin had been diligently checking his weight. It was stupid, he knew, checking his weight frequently wouldn't just magically reduce it. Not checking would also mean not having the thick feeling of guilt choke him up as he found out how much he weighed.

Clutching the counter, Jin swallowed and the colour drained from his face when he saw the number.

143 lbs

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Maybe it was because he had just had dinner or maybe it was because he hadn't given it his all in dance practice today, but whatever the reason was, the truth was all the same. He had gained weight.

His breath started to speed up as he hastily threw his clothes on. The brightly coloured fabric hugging his skin, he picked up his dirty clothes and left the bathroom.

"Jin hyung!"

Tae's voice wafted over to him from one of the hallways, annoying the eldest. Jin mentally slapped himself - he should never feel that way towards Tae. The second maknae only wanted to cheer him up.

Case in point, Tae followed Jin like an abandoned puppy all the way to the laundry room. The younger had a big grin on his face.

"What's for breakfast tomorrow?"

Jin stopped shoving his clothes into the washing machine and slowly turned to look at Tae in shock. They had just had dinner! The dinner that Jin already had an animosity towards, for making him gain weight. He shouldn't be blaming the food really. He should be blaming himself for actually putting it into his mouth.

"Jin hyung?" Tae waved his hand in front of the eldest's face. "You alright?"

Snapping out of his thoughts, Jin nodded. "I'm fine."

He tried his best to ignore Tae's concerned gaze, he automatically turned on his fake smile and said the first thing he could think of, "Didn't you just have dinner? Why are you already thinking of breakfast tomorrow?"

If Jin's fakeness was one of those online scams, Tae must have fallen right into it because the concern melted away from the second maknae's features. He grinned while scratching the back of his head.

"I just meant that I really like your cooking!"

Tae ran away before Jin could utter a word. The eldest didn't bother running after him and instead stood there, his underwear in hand, as his face turned redder and redder.
He couldn't exactly figure out why his face doing that - was it because of Tae's words or because of his weight?