Chapter 21

Jin blinked

Jin blinked. The lights at the hospital were brighter than the lights anywhere else. His head hurt so much looking at them. A small sob came from the back of his throat.

"Hyung..."

Hoseok spoke quietly, running circles on Jin's hand. The others were all at practice - the managers made them go. The dancer was lucky that he got to stay beside the eldest.

"How are you feeling?"

Jin gazed at Hoseok's eyes. The dancer's eyes were wet - he had been crying. A pang of guilt hit the eldest, he was the reason why the others were always sad and unable to properly enjoy themselves.

"I'm okay."

Hoseok shook his head. "Stop saying that, we're not that stupid hyung." He lowered his voice. "Hyung... now that you're in the hospital, maybe you can get the help that you need. You can be happy again, you don't need to diet like this-"

Jin's own eyes stung with tears. Hoseok was preaching again about all that shit about "getting help". Jin needed to diet like this; he could only be in control like this. Hoseok didn't understand it, he wanted Jin to remain fat and ugly.

"You're not listening to me are you?" Hoseok's words hit a sensitive spot for the eldest, who blinked rapidly and tried to focus. The dancer sighed in annoyance, not at Jin but at the situation itself.

"You collapsed on the street... you're lucky Yoongi came to get you or else you might have died out there." Hoseok's voice cracked painfully. "You almost broke your nose, you were on drips for two days and your arms have massive bruises on them that won't heal because you have practically no nutrients in your body!"

Only a few words stood out for Jin.

"I nearly... died?"

"You would've died if nobody found you there, yes."

Jin clicked his tongue. He still felt a little woozy from laying in bed for two days. He felt bad for not putting that time to good use and actually exercising for once. Then his most important question came to mind.

"Did they feed me anything?"

He saw Hoseok's face scrunch up in worry. The wheels in the dancer's head were turning, he knew exactly why Jin was so adamant to know the answer.

"Why... no, no they didn't feed you anything," he said. He noted the way Jin's expression relaxed and his brows unknit themselves.

"Oh, okay."

Hoseok shook his head and sighed. He patted Jin's arm. "Go back to sleep hyung. You look tired."

Jin's eyes were about to close anyway. He adjusted his position, as much as possible, putting his legs on top of each other and tried to sleep. Faintly, he could Hoseok quietly humming one of their songs to help calm him. In that moment, Jin felt thankful. The dancer wasn't being annoying and wasn't pestering him about the same topic that he always did.