Chapter 15

It was getting more and more difficult

It was getting more and more difficult. Jin picked himself up from the ground to continue practicing the dance with Hoseok. The last thing he had had was a piece of toast for breakfast. It was past 11 PM now.

"Hyung, you're doing really well. Do you want to stop for today?" Hoseok asked in a soft voice.

Jin nodded. His stomach hurt with hunger. He wanted to lay down.

Hoseok laughed as the two picked up their bags from the floor. His smile could light up the universe, Jin noticed. When Hoseok smiled, everyone was happy, because that meant they wouldn't get yelled at.

Jin followed the dancer out of the studio, dragging his heels. He felt a bit faint, but he swallowed hard. He was never going to let the younger see him struggle.

"Hyung, you feeling alright? You look a bit pale."

"I'm fine, don't worry."

Hoseok didn't press any further. "You know, hyung, you did a great job today. I knew you could do it!"

I knew you could do it...

Jin's chest twisted, his eyes pricking with tears. He wanted to run and hide. His disgusting body didn't need to be showed to the world. He couldn't dance. He couldn't sing. He couldn't do anything properly...

"Awww come on, why are you walking so slowly?"

Shit Jin. Walk properly.

A giggle came out of Hoseok's mouth as he watched Jin run to catch up to him.

"You're so cute hyung!" the dancer's face lit up with a bright smile. "You make me laugh every time I see you!"

I knew you could do it...

--------

"Aren't you hungry?" Taehyung asked loudly.

Jin was just about to run into his room after he saw Yoongi go into the kitchen to make ramen. Jin didn't want to eat. He had noticed that every day he didn't eat properly, the others praised him. The others cheered him on, laughed with him, and in those moments Jin felt like he had a purpose in his life. Maybe he couldn't make himself smile, but the others could smile looking at him.

Jin had signed up to be an entertainer. He was just doing his job.

He cleared his throat, making sure to take away any hesitation before he spoke, "No, I'm really tired today. I'll just skip dinner."

Yeah, smooth, just like that.

"You're not skipping anything." Yoongi glared at him. Behind that pretend shield the rapper always held up, lay a world full of care and affection for Jin and the others, but Yoongi always had to hide it.

"Why are you caring about me all of a sudden? I thought you were mad at me?"

Yoongi shook his head. "Now that you're working hard again, I have no reason to still be pissed at you."