Chapter 24

Taehyung snapped out of it when he saw Jin run off to his room

Taehyung snapped out of it when he saw Jin run off to his room. There was no way he was letting the eldest hurt himself again. Taehyung didn't want to see Jin cry again.

"Hyung?"

He opened the door cautiously. He didn't really know what to expect inside the room, and his heart caught in his chest as he stepped inside.

Jin was sitting on his bed, arms wrapped around his legs. He didn't seem to be looking at anything; his eyes were devoid of any emotion.

"Hyung, what's going on?"

Taehyung walked to the bed, putting his hands gingerly on the eldest's shoulders.

"Hyung, don't cry..."

Jin was trying not to cry. There wasn't reason for him to cry anymore. He was such a fucking attention seeker. There was no reason to keep crying.

"What's going on hyung?" Taehyung went to crouch in front of Jin. "Just tell me."

Taking a deep breath, the eldest shook his head. It was so hard to explain to them what was going on. They couldn't understand.

"I feel fat."

"Why?"

Because I am.

"Explain hyung," the second maknae said.

"I don't know..." Jin tried to hide his face but Taehyung stopped him.

"Try to tell me hyung. What's making you do this to yourself?"

"Nothing."

Fucking goddamn tears.

"I just feel fat and... I have to eat like this and I can't eat more than this or I'll gain weight and that will make me look ugly and then nobody will...like, well, like me and..."

Taehyung shook his head. He gently placed his finger on Jin's lips.

"Want me to call your therapist? Maybe she can help you get out of this negative headspace."

"No... please I'm fine, I just need a bit of time to calm myself down and I'll be okay."

"Okay I guess..." Taehyung paused, gently playing with Jin's hair. "Can I stay with you hyung? It's been a long time since the two of us just hung out together."

Maybe, deep down, Jin wanted to say no. Something inside told him to isolate and not trust anybody. But when he glanced at Taehyung's supportive gaze and how friendly and sweet he looked, Jin realized he couldn't just say no. Taehyung was going out of his way asking if he could spend time with him. It wasn't something that he could just say no to.

Jin had been rude to all of them so much these days. He had to be nice to them.

"Yeah."

Taehyung's small giggle melted Jin's heart.