Chapter 30

It's weird how people who know nothing about me claim they know me inside and out

-------

1500 calories.

Just like that.

Jin couldn't help but feel that he had been taken advantage of. They were dumping calories into him while he was unable to do anything.

------

He hadn't been awake for all of it, but he knew the basics. He saw Jimin sitting beside him at one point, crying loudly and gripping onto his hand too tightly. Jimin didn't let go of Jin's hand even when the eldest tried to rip his hand away. The mochi was talking to somebody at one point too. He said things like "are you sure?" and "will he make a full recovery from this?"

And Jin wanted to reach out and slap his pretty face shut because no, no he did not want to recover. There was no way he was going to be able to eat normally again. He didn't want to gain weight. He didn't want to be fat. If he ate then he would gain weight.

Then a few hours or days later, Jin wasn't exactly sure, a nurse came in. Namjoon and Hoseok were in the room this time. The nurse was holding a long tube-like thing and a small pouch of what looked like purple jelly. Calories.

"I need you to sit up."

Hoseok and Namjoon swung their arms around Jin's shoulders and tried to make him sit up. That was the first time that Jin realized that his chest area was completely numb. Breathing was horribly painful. There was a catheter attached to him. He was in critical care all over again. Kibum wasn't here. Thank the heavens.

"I need to put this in for you, so you can start."

The nurse brought the tube closer. She placed the pouch on the tray next to Jin.

Hoseok glanced worriedly at the nurse. He gripped Jin's hospital gown tightly.

"Is this for feeding?"

"Yeah."

She held up the tube up to Jin's face and measured the distance from his nose to his stomach. Jin tried to flinch away but Namjoon held him in place.

The end of the tube was dipped into some weird substance, probably to lubricate it.

"I need you to sit up a bit straighter-"

Jin tried to get away, he really did. He thrashed and tried to fight Namjoon's strong grip but in the end, he ended up tiring himself out and nothing really changed.

"Sir, I know you don't want this, but you need to start eating properly. Sit up nice and tall for me so we can get this done and over with. It's for your benefit."