Chapter 29

there are going to be other idols from other groups *gasp* (not that much tho, you know)

Shivering hard, he stepped onto the scale. The doctor was making him go on it backwards so he wouldn't see the number. He wished he could just see it. Not knowing how much he weighed made him uneasy.

The doctor eyed the number quickly.

"What is it?" Jin asked. "Tell me."

"I'm sorry, I can't."

The doctor didn't say anything else. Jin lowered his gaze.

"I need to talk to you about something," she suddenly said.

"About what?"

"Sit down."

There was a chair in the corner and Jin sank into it, the doctor sitting opposite. She reached out to touch his fidgeting hands.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright. You're safe here."

Jin nodded.

"I just want to tell you about the plan that your bandmates and our team have agreed to. I think it would be best if you were admitted to an inpatient ward. It's not a choice Seokjin. We are concerned about your safety."

"Wha-what?"

The doctor smiled. "It's for your safety."

"How long will I be staying?" Jin asked.

"We're thinking one and a half months as of now."

He nodded, taking the information in. He wondered if he would've been more angry if he was in a better state of mind, but truthfully, now he found himself starting to get detached. The nurses had put him into a wheelchair to bring him to the office. He was too weak to walk properly. He could only have random breakdowns and cry and have embarrassing meltdowns.

"The others will bring some of your stuff over so you can be a little more comfortable. We'll go through the items so you don't have any sharp or rope-like objects and-"

"Can I have my phone?"

She twisted her lip. "No..."

"How am I supposed to live?"

"There are lots of other ways to live, don't worry," she said. She giggled lightly seeing Jin's comical expression. "If you need to call somebody, you can ask our staff."

This was cutting too close for comfort.

But there was nothing he could do.

---------

Jungkook brought in Jin's stuff the next day. By stuff, he only got his RJ plushie, a towel, shampoo and soap, his toothbrush and toothpaste, his blanket, pajamas and other clothes, slippers, sneakers, a hairbrush and some deodorant. The maknae had also brought in a notebook and a pen, but the hospital staff had snatched away the pen making the notebook become useless. Jin didn't know how he was going to survive for the next three weeks.